Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Vikes Predictions

EastStreet

Colts @ Vikes Predictions  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What QB will have the highest passer rating (Eason won last week)?

• Eason
    • Ehlinger
    • Hundley
    • Cousins
    • Mond
    • Browning
    • Stanley
  2. 2. What Colts pass catcher will have the most yards (Black was 1st last week)

• Hilton
    • Pittman
    • Campbell
    • Pascal
    • Strachan
    • Dulin (IIRC, he's Q)
    • Patmon
    • Harris
    • Vaughns
    • Black
    • Davis (I think he's out)
    • Alie-Cox
    • Doyle
    • Granson
    • Togiai
    • Green
    • Vollert
    • Thomas
    • Adomitis
  3. 3. What will be the outcome?

• Colts by 20 or more
    • Colts by 14-19
    • Colts by 7-13
    • Colts by 1-6
    • Tie
    • Vikes by 1-6
    • Vikes by 7-13
    • Vikes by 14-19
    • Vikes by 20 or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/22/2021 at 12:00 AM

It’s hard to say who will lead in receiving because we don’t know how long guys like Pittman and Pascal will play. I am going with Strachan because I think he will play more. Could be Patmon.

Bears playing starters almost the entire half. I don’t think Reich will play starters that long.  Chiefs played starters well into the second quarter too.

If Hines or Taylor play they will probably play well because I think Sam will be checking down a lot.

41 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

It’s hard to say who will lead in receiving because we don’t know how long guys like Pittman and Pascal will play. I am going with Strachan because I think he will play more. Could be Patmon.

Bears playing starters almost the entire half. I don’t think Reich will play starters that long.  Chiefs played starters well into the second quarter too.

If Hines or Taylor play they will probably play well because I think Sam will be checking down a lot.

Sam will will get better pass catchers, but our OL will be sketchy against MN starters. I see a lot of dink/dunk, check downs, and running for Sam. I think we'll see Strachan early and late, probably with the most opportunity. Patmon too. Eason won't get starter WRs, but our depth WRs should do well for him. OL will probably be similar while Eason's in, but MN's D will 2nd and 3rd string.

My picks, Eason, Strachan, and Colts by 7-13. Could get ugly for Sam if MN plays their starters for more than Q.

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Sam will will get better pass catchers, but our OL will be sketchy against MN starters. I see a lot of dink/dunk, check downs, and running for Sam. I think we'll see Strachan early and late, probably with the most opportunity. Patmon too. Eason won't get starter WRs, but our depth WRs should do well for him. OL will probably be similar while Eason's in, but MN's D will 2nd and 3rd string.

My picks, Eason, Strachan, and Colts by 7-13. Could get ugly for Sam if MN plays their starters for more than Q.

I can see Patmon and Strachan doing better then our starters because Eason most likely will throw it down field more.

Just like last week if Eason had a bad quarter Reich might of put Sam in sooner. Will watch how Sam does and see if he plays the entire half. Reich may change things up to depending on game flow. It worked out perfect last week to get that 2 minute drive for Eason. 

Apparently zimmer wasn’t happy last week and is going to play starters a good amount.

13 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I can see Patmon and Strachan doing better then our starters because Eason most likely will throw it down field more.

Just like last week if Eason had a bad quarter Reich might of put Sam in sooner. Will watch how Sam does and see if he plays the entire half. Reich may change things up to depending on game flow. It worked out perfect last week to get that 2 minute drive for Eason. 

Apparently zimmer wasn’t happy last week and is going to play starters a good amount.

Haven't followed the Vikes, but I did watch a tiny bit of their game. Didn't play Cousins, their top 2 RBs, or any of the starting WRs... So expectations could have been that high. 

Broncos played both Lock and Bridgewater most, so not a lot of folks should be surprised they beat a Mond/Browning led Vikes team. Broncos also played some of their starting WRs and TEs.

I think Sam will get a full half unless he totally sheets the bed. I think Reich will keep things simple and quick for him. Hope Reich continues letting both go deep from time to time. 

18 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Honestly whether we win depends on Sam having a good game

53 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

With our back up line and Minnesota playing their starting D, it's a good thing Sam is starting. He's more decisive and way more moblie than Eason. Eason would get sacked alot.

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

With our back up line and Minnesota playing their starting D, it's a good thing Sam is starting. He's more decisive and way more moblie than Eason. Eason would get sacked alot.

I am not sure his legs will save him in a real game. He is athletic but isn’t very fast. I always feel he rolls out too much because he can’t see around the lineman. Today will be a good test.

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

We'll see. Sam didn't get sacked last week, but was also going against 3rd stringers. He also threw a pick.

14 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

People forget Eason was also playing against backups.

He played against guys who will be on the team though. Sam was rough that 3rd quarter and that 4th quarter was against guys that won’t make the team. The defense in that 4th quarter he played against was playing so far off the LOS. 

10 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

He played against guys who will be on the team though. Sam was rough that 3rd quarter and that 4th quarter was against guys that won’t make the team. The defense in that 4th quarter he played against was playing so far off the LOS. 

He was also playing with guys that won't make the team.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

I bet Strachan gets some time with the starters because I bet Hilton won’t play much. Pittman might not play much either. Patmon might even get some time while the Vikings starting defense is out there.

I would think our starting WRs play a Q or less. After the first Q, I think you'll see a ton of Strachan, Patmon, Harris, Black, Vaughns. That's a decent 5 man rotation for 3Qs.

TY, Pittman, Campbell, and Pascal get a taste, but they won't risk them getting injured. Dulin is banged up, and I think Davis is out. 

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

He was also playing with guys that won't make the team.

Agreed, but the OL was pretty much the same (JAGs) for both JE and SE.

And the WR and RB rotation were near the same and good for both. Those are likely our 2 deepest units right now.

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

I bet Strachan gets some time with the starters because I bet Hilton won’t play much. Pittman might not play much either. Patmon might even get some time while the Vikings starting defense is out there.

I like the Eason Strachan combo, but I want to see some shorter routes from Ehlinger to test Strachan's YACABILITY...I have a feeling we are gonna see some gadgets and screens tonight.

9 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Sam will probably have a high rating because he plays that dinky-dunky-doo style of game-manager QB that makes me want to change the TV channel....brings back memories of 'check-down Charlie' Brissett.

I think SE goes through progressions better than JB.

Archived