Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Easter Weekend Colts Draft

1st- QB Andrew Luck (No debate here between Luck and RG3. Luck is clearly the more prepared and developed QB.)

2nd- CB Janoris Jenkins (To make this defense complete, we needed a shutdown type CB, and a dominant NT. Well we potentially got one of those problems solved here. Love Jenkins' ability to man cover just about anyone in college.)

3rd- Indy trades down to middle of 3rd and gets a 4th in the process.

-Indy selects WR AJ Jenkins (Really like this guy and will be a very good #2 WR for us.)

4th- TE Ladarius Green (Must add some bulk but could be a Jimmy Graham type of TE. Or he could compare to a better version of Marques Colston.)

4th(via trade)- WR Joe Adams (We still needed one more WR to make this core complete. Adams gives us our explosive playmaker at the position and can also help in the return game. If Donnie Avery can stay healthy, this is a 5 WR deep core.)

5th- ILB James Michael-Johnson (We need some more depth at ILB since Wheeler left. We should be fine at OLB with Freeney, Mathis, and Hughes, and Addison. Would love to see him become a Navarro Bowman type of ILB for us!)

5th(comp)- NT Akiem Hicks (We get a developmental NT to split time with McKinney until we get our franchise NT. Jonathan Hankins is an option early in next year's draft at NT us.)

6th(comp)- TE James Hanna (Another TE needed.)

7th- CB Ron Brooks (A raw corner from LSU who has talent to develop.)

7th(comp)- OG Rokevious Watkins (Depth for OL.)

I really like this draft because it gives us the shutdown type CB we need to make this transition to the 3-4 more successful. We also add good talent for Luck to throw to in AJ Jenkins, Joe Adams, and TE Ladarius Green.

1st- QB Andrew Luck (No debate here between Luck and RG3. Luck is clearly the more prepared and developed QB.)

2nd- CB Janoris Jenkins (To make this defense complete, we needed a shutdown type CB, and a dominant NT. Well we potentially got one of those problems solved here. Love Jenkins' ability to man cover just about anyone in college.)

-Indy selects WR AJ Jenkins (Really like this guy and will be a very good #2 WR for us.)

4th- TE Ladarius Green (Must add some bulk but could be a Jimmy Graham type of TE. Or he could compare to a better version of Marques Colston.)

4th(via trade)- WR Joe Adams (We still needed one more WR to make this core complete. Adams gives us our explosive playmaker at the position and can also help in the return game. If Donnie Avery can stay healthy, this is a 5 WR deep core.)

5th- ILB James Michael-Johnson (We need some more depth at ILB since Wheeler left. We should be fine at OLB with Freeney, Mathis, and Hughes, and Addison. Would love to see him become a Navarro Bowman type of ILB for us!)

5th(comp)- NT Akiem Hicks (We get a developmental NT to split time with McKinney until we get our franchise NT. Jonathan Hankins is an option early in next year's draft at NT us.)

I really like this draft because it gives us the shutdown type CB we need to make this transition to the 3-4 more successful. We also add good talent for Luck to throw to in AJ Jenkins, Joe Adams, and TE Ladarius Green.

Dont forget Jerell Freeman at Linebacker as well we have. I really want to see what these guys can do, Im not sure about Freeny at linebacker Id rather have a true linebacker their

, but Ill go wide receiver in the third and Nose Tackle in the fourth other then that I like it,w ell done

Thanks guys...This draft is probably my most hopeful draft for us that I've done. It really addresses most of our needs, although we would still need to get a franchise NT next year. But I think McKinney and Hicks could suffice for this year.

Getting Janoris Jenkins would go along way to improving this defense, and would allow us to get more turnovers and sacks since we will have better coverage. And getting all those weapons in AJ Jenkins, Green, and Adams gives us youth at the skill positions for Luck to utilize. Overall, I believe this draft would be a huge step in bringing in talent at much needed positions.

wow i really commend you on ron brooks he help lsu stay in stride when the honey badger was suspended.. awesome i completley agree... with that i say we take either hill,jenkins(wr), or jeffery with the #34... im really not sold on janoris if we do go corner id like jayron holsey or brandon boykin.. thats just me but job well done on this one... :clap: