Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Top 101

This is my board. I kind of rushed it in order to finish it before the draft(there might be some errors in there - typos on the names, wrong school, etc.). I have no illusions that my rankings are awesome or that I've done anywhere close to the work others do. Some of those I've seen very limited tape on. Some of them I've seen only highlights of(the later parts of the board). Please keep that in mind and take it with a bucket of salt. So yeah, this is my attempt at sorting out how I feel about those prospects. Nothing fancy or complex in my process, no formulas that spit out a result with a grade... The way I order it is by simply asking myself - would I rather have this guy or that guy? Also, within tiers the differences are not significant so I wouldn't argue switching players in the same tier. Another thing to note - this has a bit of a Colts lean(example - defensive length is a +), but not entirely - for example, I still put RBs in that ranking, even though I would be disappointed if we drafted one high(first 2 days). 

Pr1JiRP.jpg

Oh... also... I have no medical degree or inside information on the injured players so... I just put them in as if they are healthy. The GMs would have to do their job and figure out if/how much they should be dropped for medical/off-field concerns. 

So yeah... You are welcome to post your own rankings and to rip to shreds mine :D 

The thing that is most confusing is...  positional rank.

So, for instance, you have 5 Wrs in the first round.   And once you start the second round you have six more receivers.  But they are not numbered 6-11.   They’re numbered 1-6, again. 

Then the first receiver of the 3rd round is listed as WR 12.    So the numbering is all over the map.   I noticed it on the WR position group.   I don’t know if that also happened on other position groups?

Just a heads up....

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The thing that is most confusing is...  positional rank.

So, for instance, you have 5 Wrs in the first round.   And once you start the second round you have six more receivers.  But they are not numbered 6-11.   They’re numbered 1-6, again. 

Then the first receiver of the 3rd round is listed as WR 12.    So the numbering is all over the map.   I noticed it on the WR position group.   I don’t know if that also happened on other position groups?

Just a heads up....

Yah, I noticed it after I posted but didn't think it's important enough to fix. I have separate tabs for every position and one tab for general ranking. Seems like for some reason when I was transferring the WR in the second round the numbering started from 1 rather than from 6. Thanks for pointing it out though.

20 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yah, I noticed it after I posted but didn't think it's important enough to fix. I have separate tabs for every position and one tab for general ranking. Seems like for some reason when I was transferring the WR in the second round the numbering started from 1 rather than from 6. Thanks for pointing it out though.

No worries.   It just sort of jumped out at me.   As long as you’re aware, that’s all that matters.   Nice job. 

Archived