Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Daniel Jeremiah Mock Draft 3.0

I've been saying Darrisaw rubs me the wrong way with his lackadaisical attitude, BUT... the more I've been thinking about it, the more I feel like this is probably not as important for playing the position as it is annoying to watch. Darrisaw with mean streak vs Darrisaw without mean streak are not fundamentally different players. He still more than does his job both in pass-protection and in run blocking and having a few less highlight pancakes won't make or break his career. The reasons he's a good prospect are still there and are still translatable to the league - great movement skills, very good technical ability both in his pass-sets and in his hand usage. Also... maybe playing next to Q will rub off on him and he will catch some of that attitude. 

I think I will be very happy with this pick if he falls to us. The problem is... I kind of don't expect him to fall. 

Darrisaw would definitely be a great pickup but my goodness, Caleb Farley sitting right there for the taking. The more I see these mocks all over the place, starting to feel real good about someone like Paye, Darrisaw, Farley, and/or a few others being there at pick 21. Going to be a difficult decision on either taking one of those players or trading back for more picks.

Archived