Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock Draft From Denmark

Hey everybody, this is my first topic. I’ve seen a lot of you guys’ mock drafts and thought of doing one. It’s all going to be BPA, so some might go earlier, but our fortunate situation gives us the ability to go BPA and still cover up needs.

I’ve done it in mind, that we have a lot of needs, and no matter how much teams always claim going BPA, needs somehow must be filled at the same time. Somehow somewhere along SOME of these players will drop.

Biggest needs: QB, CB, NT, TE

1st pick, round 1

QB Andrew Luck... No-brainer.

34th pick, round 2

TE Coby Fleener. With the loss of both TE Dallas Clark and TE Jacob Tamme we've just lost both our receiving TE's. With the addition of Fleener a huge need is filled. He has great chemistry with Andrew Luck. If he falls to us, it's a no-brainer to me. Even though we've needs at CB and NT, the draft is deep on these positions and can be adressed later on.

64th pick, round 3

CB Josh Robinson. To me a very underrated CB, and he would be a steal at this pick! I've seen him projected around the start of the 3rd round in some mocks, which I would welcome. You can't ignore 15 broken up passes, fastest 40 yard, longest broad-jump etc. Furthermore he mostly played man coverage, and with an upcoming aggressive approach at defense, it's key we can rely on our CB's man coverage.

97th pick, round 4

WR A.J. Jenkins. Jenkins had a very productive senior season with 90 passes caught for 1,276 yards and 8 TD's. He's fast and runs good routes. I am surpriced to see him projected this low, taking in mind he was very productive with poor QB play behind him. Would be a steal and compliment WR Donnie Avery on the outside. He could be a future 2nd or perhaps even 1st WR when Reggie's gone.

136th pick, round 5

OG Lucas Nicks. So far I am happy with our additions at the O-line, but we still need a solid OG. QB Andrew Luck needs his protections, and what I specially like about Lucas Nicks is his run-blocking ability. We HAVE to get better at creating holes for our RB's, they're both explosive if the holes are there.

170th pick, round 5

DT/NT Akiem Nicks. Fills a great need! If this man can eat up double coverage, our D-line is all set.

206th pick, round 6

NT Nick Jean-Baptiste. Another NT? Yep, I like Nick Jean-Baptiste a lot, and to me he's very underrated and should go earlier, but... I've seen him projected 7th/UDFA?! I don't get it, and the Colts will grab him here. 8,5 tackles for loss and 4 sacks and the man's a beast. He and Akiem Nicks would create a very solid inner line.

208th pick, round 7

OLB Brandon Lindsey. Though he's had problems against better tackles, he still posted 54 tackles, 11 for loss and 8.5 sack. I've seen him projected from the 5th to go unddrafted, but I think he would be a very nice add-up if still available. Even though we're pretty set at OLB, Freeney is not gonna last forever, and Jerry Hughes still has to prove himself.

214th pick, round 7

CB/PR Cliff Harris. Depth and could perhaps become our Punt returner. Has had of-the-field issues, but nothing Pagano can't take care of.

253rd pick, round 7

WR Chris Owusu. Is going to be Mr. Irrelevant, but I think Luck will dissagree. They have chemistry, which still can increase, and he's darn fast. If he can stay healthy, he could be a nice add.

Projected starts for 2012:

QB - Andrew Luck

HB – Donald Brown

FB – Ryan Mahaffey

WR 1 – Reggie Wayne

WR 2 – Donnie Avery/A.J. Jenkins

WR Slot – Austin Collie/A.J. Jenkins

TE – Coby Fleener

LT – Anthony Gastonzo

LG – Lucas Nicks

C – Samson Satele

RG – Winston Justice

RT – Ben Ijalana

DE – Drake Nevis

NT – Nick Jean-Baptiste/Akiem Nicks

DE – Cory Redding

OLB – Robert Mathis

ILB – Pat Angerer

ILB – Kavell Conner

OLB – Dwight Freeney

CB 1 – Jerraud Powers

CB 2 – Josh Robinson

SS – Tom Zbikowski

FS – Antoine Bethea

What do you guys think?

I like the draft in the sense of the positions you picked, not the players. Josh Robinson, in my opinion, is overrated, not underrated. He just had a great combine. Before that combine, he was projected to go in the 4-5th round. He's not worth that 3rd round pick, so they should use it on AJ Jenkins, who will probably not be there in the 4th. Not a big fan of drafting 2 NTs, b/c if the Colts did this draft, they would have nobody to back up at ILB. I'm a fan of Cliff Harris, I think he'd be a good pick in the 7th, but I don't know if he'll go there.

Now, about your starting projections. I've got a few problems:

- If anything, Ijalana would play RG, he's much more versatile than Justice and would be a better fit at RG.

- AJ Jenkins is an outside receiver, so having him in the slot or even in consideration for the slot spot in silly.

- Fili Moala has more experience at 3-4 DE than Nevis does. He'd be a better starter.

Everything else seems good.

Pretty good overall.

1 of the better drafts I've seen. Lindsey is interesting because I wanted him along with Bruce Irvin earlier last year before we were switching to a 3-4 but I don't think either could play DE in the 4-3. I would rather draft Jackson Jeffcoat from my future alma mater Texas

I like the draft in the sense of the positions you picked, not the players. Josh Robinson, in my opinion, is overrated, not underrated. He just had a great combine. Before that combine, he was projected to go in the 4-5th round. He's not worth that 3rd round pick, so they should use it on AJ Jenkins, who will probably not be there in the 4th. Not a big fan of drafting 2 NTs, b/c if the Colts did this draft, they would have nobody to back up at ILB. I'm a fan of Cliff Harris, I think he'd be a good pick in the 7th, but I don't know if he'll go there. Now, about your starting projections. I've got a few problems: - If anything, Ijalana would play RG, he's much more versatile than Justice and would be a better fit at RG. - AJ Jenkins is an outside receiver, so having him in the slot or even in consideration for the slot spot in silly. - Fili Moala has more experience at 3-4 DE than Nevis does. He'd be a better starter. Everything else seems good. Pretty good overall.

Justice sucked for the eagles with speed rushers...he has power so im guessing they will at least take a look at G and give a shot to IJalana who seemed to be more nimble as our RT. nothing is set, and wont be untill training camp

I really like Robinson in the third. He's a great player from a smaller school. He played man for his career which is a huge bonus. Good size great speed. Solid pick up in the third. If Jenkins isn't there in the 4th take Streeter or Givens, both speed guys. I like Baptiste and Nicks. Baptiste as a pure NT and Nicks as a NT/DT/3-4DE. I'd rather take a ILB in 5th rather than guard though.

Justice sucked for the eagles with speed rushers...he has power so im guessing they will at least take a look at G and give a shot to IJalana who seemed to be more nimble as our RT. nothing is set, and wont be untill training camp

I'm not convinced IJalana will be ready at the start of the year. ACL recovery takes time when you are over 300lbs. He can work into RT or guard whn healthy and ready. Justice has experience at RT and might be a safer starter to begin with.

I didn't know too much about AJ Jenkins but you guys are starting to sell me on him. If we get him or McNutt I'd be very happy.

Go watch some games that he's excelled in. Go look at the Northwestern game, the Indiana game, the Michigan game, and the Purdue game. I saw all those games from start to finish, and he showed me that not only is he a deep threat, but he has the ability to be a good possesion receiver. He has good hands, good speed and his routes are solid, really solid.

If you look online, you'll probably find some Youtube videos of him. Watch those and be amazed. He's one of the most underrated players in this draft along with Cordy Glenn, Brian Quick, and Stephen Hill.

Go watch some games that he's excelled in. Go look at the Northwestern game, the Indiana game, the Michigan game, and the Purdue game. I saw all those games from start to finish, and he showed me that not only is he a deep threat, but he has the ability to be a good possesion receiver. He has good hands, good speed and his routes are solid, really solid.

If you look online, you'll probably find some Youtube videos of him. Watch those and be amazed. He's one of the most underrated players in this draft along with Cordy Glenn, Brian Quick, and Stephen Hill.

Thanks, I definitely will! This draft for receivers is very interesting to me because it will show if we're going for the larger receivers or continue with the 6 footers with speed. This draft can't come soon enough.

I like the draft in the sense of the positions you picked, not the players. Josh Robinson, in my opinion, is overrated, not underrated. He just had a great combine. Before that combine, he was projected to go in the 4-5th round. He's not worth that 3rd round pick

He's now considered late 1st/mid 2nd round material, and I agree, he's at this time not worth a pick in those rounds. But as you said, before the combine he was projected a lot later, which doesn't compliment his abilities. The man played a lot of man coverage and has been consistent the last two years with +13 broken up passes both years. He's definately worth a shot at our 3rd pick IMO.

- If anything, Ijalana would play RG, he's much more versatile than Justice and would be a better fit at RG.

- AJ Jenkins is an outside receiver, so having him in the slot or even in consideration for the slot spot in silly.

- Hmmm... I'm not sold on Justice on the outside. I'd rather see us work with Ijalana on the outside, he could have the talent. Just hope he's healthy when the season begins.

- I wrote he would compliment Avery on the outside... Which also would be his best position, I think. You might be right he won't play slot, I don't know how they evaluate his abilities.