Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Three (3) team trade discussion involving Colts and David Carr

On 2/4/2021 at 1:28 AM, DownHillRunner said:

If Stafford is worth 2 1sts, Carr is going to be worth around that and possibly more. 

He was worth two firsts for a team that doesn’t value 1st round picks as much as it does proven players. While players can reset the market when it comes to contract, it doesn’t work the same for draft picks.

I doubt anyone pays two firsts or more for Carr. Raiders will get a 1st and a day 3 pick at most. Card hasn’t played at an extremely high level since 2016. Also doesn’t always like to throw the ball downfield.

25 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

Whatever the Raiders get for Carr look for them to package them to get Watson. The best situation would be trading him to Houston as part of the Watson trade. Carr is a name in Houston anyway..

You can get a 1st for Carr. Then trade that first, their original 2021 first, 2022 first, Josh Jacobs and Crosby. That’s their most likely bet. They’ll essentially have to give up Carr and 2 players plus picks for Watson.

I would really like to see Eason start.  #1 being he's been under the tutelage of Reich for the past year, should account for something. #2 working with PR and JB, this should have acquired valuable experience from them. #3 Marcus Brady the new OC also has been working with Eason as well, and has glowing comments  about him.....Start him up I say, let's see how well he does.  

22 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

He was worth two firsts for a team that doesn’t value 1st round picks as much as it does proven players. While players can reset the market when it comes to contract, it doesn’t work the same for draft picks.

I doubt anyone pays two firsts or more for Carr. Raiders will get a 1st and a day 3 pick at most. Card hasn’t played at an extremely high level since 2016. Also doesn’t always like to throw the ball downfield.

About Carr’s career trajectory...

His three best years have been his last three...    2018, ‘19, and ‘20.

Dont take my word for it, check out his numbers for yourself.   It’s there in black and white. 

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

About Carr’s career trajectory...

His three best years have been his last three...    2018, ‘19, and ‘20.

Dont take my word for it, check out his numbers for yourself.   It’s there in black and white. 

How do you feel about Carr? Could he succeed in Indy? I personally think he could, but I'm not sure the Texans wouldn't take him for themselves in a Watson trade (assuming the Texans would even consider the Raiders as a trade partner.... if I were them, I'd hornswaggle the Dolphins for Tua and a treasure trove of picks).  That said, I'd feel much better about Carr coming to the Colts than Wentz. 

5 minutes ago, Hoose said:

How do you feel about Carr? Could he succeed in Indy? I personally think he could, but I'm not sure the Texans wouldn't take him for themselves in a Watson trade (assuming the Texans would even consider the Raiders as a trade partner.... if I were them, I'd hornswaggle the Dolphins for Tua and a treasure trove of picks).  That said, I'd feel much better about Carr coming to the Colts than Wentz. 

I’d be fine with Carr.   His last three years he’s completing about 68-70 percent of his passes.   I think Reich can work well with that. 

But if the Raiders want to do a deal for Watson, then I agree sending Carr to Houston as part of a bigger deal for DeShaun makes the most sense. 

5 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

I would really like to see Eason start.  #1 being he's been under the tutelage of Reich for the past year, should account for something. #2 working with PR and JB, this should have acquired valuable experience from them. #3 Marcus Brady the new OC also has been working with Eason as well, and has glowing comments  about him.....Start him up I say, let's see how well he does.  

That might be the play, and to bring in a vet for back up. Unless we do something silly like trade for Teddy Bridgewater, who's VERY available right now. The Jets will want at least a #1 for Darnold, the Raiders a 1 and more, like a 1 and 2 at least. The Eagles will want a 1 and 2, maybe 2 #1 picks. Kurt Cousins is available, but he's the one I really wouldn't like even for a 3rd rounder. Pickings are slim to be honest..

Archived