Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Projecting the Top 10 in upcoming NFL Draft

1) Jaguars - QB Lawrence

2) Jets - QB Mac Jones since Sam is done in NY. 

3) Dolphins (via trade) - LT Sewell - Austin Jackson underperformed for Miami and need a better starter

4)Falcons - WR Devonta Smith to replace Julio

5) Bengals - Living in Ohio will go with my main source here who has been spot on over the years and take WR Ja'Marr Chase.  Cincy is already set at LT with Jonah Williams and really need a RT which they should get early in Round 2 taking either Jolen Mayfield or Teven Jenkins.

6) Eagles - QB Justin Field.  See them going a Michael Vick route with two dual threat QBs with Jalen Hurts already on the team.  Easier to game plan with similar QBs

7) Lions - QB Zach Wilson.  With trade rumors starting back up with Stafford Detroit needs to draft the future here

8) Panthers - LT Darrisaw.  Okung is 32 and needs replaced.  Looking forward to the Combine and just might see Darrisaw leap Sewel as the best LT taken in this draft.  

9) Broncos - CB Patrick Siurtain II

10)  Cowboys - LT Rashawn Slater as Brandon Knight was terrible last season and need an upgrade

Over the paste 10 years history has shown at least 4 OL have gone in Round 1.  Kind of expect both the 49ers (12th) and Chargers (13th) to target a LT in Round 1.  The 49ers could go Samuel Cosmi but might stay local and take Alija Vera-Tucker leaving Samuel Cosmi for the Chargers.  As a Colt do we think Nelson will be able to take over at LT or do we think about trading with the Giants (11th) and flip the coin of future QB or best available LT Cosmi?  If we do trade and follow Drafttek site should only cost us our 2nd this year and would offer up 2022 4th Round.  About the only other team could think off hand needing a new LT would be the Steelers to replace Villanueva.

41 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I highly doubt the Eagles draft another QB with all the other needs they have. 

I think Fields would be a no brainer for them if he lasts that long.  they would trade wentz for whatever they can get and roll with Justin and Hurts

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

I think Fields would be a no brainer for them if he lasts that long.  they would trade wentz for whatever they can get and roll with Justin and Hurts

I'll go more in-depth:

2. Jets most likely trade this pick for a kings ransom, getting multiple good players and stick with Sam Darnold.

3. Dolphins could totally go LT and I would like that pick for them but I think they bring in Smith to give Tua a great weapon because they lack a playmaker at WR.

4. Falcons are not drafting a WR they already have Calvin Ridley and Julio who is under contract and has a huge dead cap hit if they try to get rid of him so a third doesn't fill a need and with only roughly 20 million in cap space they only have roughly 37 players signed for next year. Most likely they trade down to get more draft picks to add cheap talent, and since the top talent in this draft isn't there positions of need it makes even more sense to trade down.

5. Bengals, I agree it's gonna be a WR or an OT, I'm gonna go with Sewell though because they need to protect Burrow and they'll move Williams or Sewell to RT.

6. Now the Eagles: They Will go with Chase and be ecstatic to finally have a WR that is actually good, they will be cutting Jeffrey this season because they need to get under the cap and he has been largely ineffective as a WR. If not Chase they will go with another big need of there's CB and draft Patrick Surtain. Basically Roseman isn't gonna create a 3-way QB controversy.

No trades 

1. Jaguars Trevor Lawrence QB 

2. Jets Justin Fields QB

3. Dolphins DeVonte Smith WR

4. Falcons Micah Parsons LB

5. Bengals Penei Sewell OT

6. Eagles JaMarr Chase WR

7. Lions Zach Wilson QB

8. Panthers Kyle Pitts TE

9. Broncos Patrick Surtain CB

10. Cowboys Rashawn Slater OT

I will just do a top 5 and explain some of my picks:

1. Trevor Lawrence QB - Jags, no brainer

2. Penei Sewell OT - Jets, I think the Jets stick with Darnold and give him more protection. This OT is a beast!

3. DeVonte Smith WR - Dolphins, Best pure talent in the draft, that should help Tua out big time.

4. Justin Fields QB - Falcons, Falcons are going to have to have a replacement for Matt Ryan in the near future, this could be the guy.

5. JaMarr Chase WR - Bengals, gives Burrow another solid weapon when he returns.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will just do a top 5 and explain some of my picks:

1. Trevor Lawrence QB - Jags, no brainer

2. Penei Sewell OT - Jets, I think the Jets stick with Darnold and give him more protection. This OT is a beast!

3. DeVonte Smith WR - Dolphins, Best pure talent in the draft, that should help Tua out big time.

4. Justin Fields QB - Falcons, Falcons are going to have to have a replacement for Matt Ryan in the near future, this could be the guy.

5. JaMarr Chase WR - Bengals, gives Burrow another solid weapon when he returns.

And 6 thru 10...

Waiting GIF

Jk

My guesses

1. Jag- QB. Should be Lawrence but Meyer being hired could give Lance a shot

2. Jets- QB. Likely Fields or Wilson. I don’t think a Sam Darnold rebuild project is enough to prevent a new HC and a GM who never drafted him in the first place, to pass on an Elite QB

3. Dolphins- Probably trade down here but the player for wherever they pick is likely a WR. Either Smith or Waddle.

4. Falcons- A QB and for now let’s just say Trey Lance

5. Bengals- Penei Sewell, LT

6. Eagles- Jamar Chase, WR

7. Probably won’t move up for a QB or will get jumped for one so let’s put Kwity Paye here for now

8. Panthers- Likely to trade up so let’s just put BA QB

9. Denver Broncos- Patrick Surtain, CB

10. Cowboys- Gregory Rosseau, Edge

The names in no order:

-Trey Lance

-Trevor Lawrence 

- Zach Wilson

-Justin Fields

-Penei Sewell

-Patrick Surtain

-Kwity Paye

-Jamar Chase