Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top Free Agent Cornerbacks 2021

With the BPA needs in the upcoming draft I really am not expecting the Colts to look to draft a CB early.  My top 3 upcoming FA CBs are Mike Hilton and Cameron Sutton from the Steelers and Brian Poole of the Jets.  All three are still young 26-28 and have shown capable of creating turnovers.  Not sure how each would fit our system but am open to feedback and think each could provide improved depth.

7 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

With the BPA needs in the upcoming draft I really am not expecting the Colts to look to draft a CB early.  My top 3 upcoming FA CBs are Mike Hilton and Cameron Sutton from the Steelers and Brian Poole of the Jets.  All three are still young 26-28 and have shown capable of creating turnovers.  Not sure how each would fit our system but am open to feedback and think each could provide improved depth.

Not sure any are viable for the Colts?

Hilton is 5’9”

Poole is 5’10”

Sutton is 5’11”

Ballard prefers his corners to be 6’0” or taller.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hilton is 5’9”

Poole is 5’10”

Sutton is 5’11”

Too bad if that's the case as each has the proven stat lines for creating turnovers.  Am having a hard time seeing us draft a CB early over other presumed needs.  We do need DB help and FA is looking like the way to go to me.

Rhodes is the best corner hitting the market. I think we'll resign Rhodes for $7-$9 per. I don't think that Ballard wants to pay two slightly above average corners $16 million a year. 

I think it's more likely that we bring back Rhodes & draft a corner in the top 3 rounds. We'll roll with Rhodes, Ya-Sin, Tell, rookie, Moore, and Carrie. 

That's what I THINK will happen. Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to it IF we can't get a top pass rusher. I would rather spend our money on Judon/Ingram/Yannick.  Our current corners will look a lot better with a consistent pass rush. 

2 minutes ago, NorthernColt said:

I think Tell will be huge next year. Its like bringing in a new draft pick, but already knows and has played in the system. I had really high hopes for him this year before he opted out.

I think we'll probably have the same CB room as this year, but with Tell.

I hope Tell helps out next year but taking a year off means little gains IMO. He didn’t get another year to grow and get better in the NFL. I hope he shows up next year to get pressure on Ya-Sin or whoever comes in to replace Rhodes if we don’t resign him. 

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hilton is 5’9”

Poole is 5’10”

Sutton is 5’11”

What do you think of Paulson Adebo of Stanford and his fit with the Colts' D? He reminds me of Richard Sherman like potential but needs to be coached up. 

49 minutes ago, chad72 said:

What do you think of Paulson Adebo of Stanford and his fit with the Colts' D? He reminds me of Richard Sherman like potential but needs to be coached up. 

Adebo took 2020 off.    He’s a talented kid.  Originally committed to Notre Dame, switched to Stanford when he was admitted.   I’d rate him as roughly 55-85, late second to mid-third.   He’s got very good hands for a corner.

His question will be how he tests?   Will he be explosive enough?   Fast enough?   He’s got good size...   just a tick under 6’1” about 195. I think he might be CB2 and not CB1.  Testing will be everything. 

In the next week or two I’ll try to do a write up on the Stanford class for the ‘21 draft. 

PS — interesting that you should mention Richard Sherman.   Honestly, I think he’s already on the Colts roster.   Marvel Tell.  I think that’s who Ballard and Dodds had in mind when they drafted Tell and moved him to corner.    I’m really looking forward to seeing Tell in 21. 

Archived