Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mid Season Coaching Grades - Discussion and Poll

EastStreet

Mid Season Coaching Grades  

98 members have voted

1. 1. How would you grade offensive coaching (game plan, play calling, adjustments, creativity, personnel usage)

2. 2. How would you grade defensive coaching (game plan, play calling, adjustments, creativity, personnel usage)

3. 3. What most accurately describes your feelings about offensive coaching right now

• I'm happy, no change needed
    • I'm unhappy, I like Frank, but let Sirianni call plays
    • I'm unhappy, not sure Reich is the long term answer
    • I don't know right now, but I'm not really happy...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/16/2020 at 04:24 AM

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

Yeah man but I think we have the top ranked D in football, and just gave up 17 to Balt.  We get turnovers at a high rate, etc. so sometimes people who think they know football are really not all that knowledgable about it.

When it comes down to it East, anyone who's coached at any level knows this profundity:

It's not the Xs and the Os, it's the Jimmies and the Joes.

We'll see if the Jimmies and Joes can do the same when their SoS isn't 32nd.

I sure hope they can. I doubt it though.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Getting circular here. Like I said, we haven't played anyone. Our SOS is near the bottom. I'm not happy getting an A+ in remedial reading. Need to be able to grade well in advanced lit as well. 

And never blitzing before, doesn't mean blitzing more now, wouldn't help. 

BTW, we have no idea what Frank does or doesn't do when it comes to the D. Looking at Flus's background, it's very different. 

Dude you want to complain about the strength of schedule that's fine but they have to play who they have to play....nobody on the colts have say so on who they play for the season and as long they play tough and 100% their best I don't care who the opponent is I'm just glad the effort is there.....it's been said numerous times during interviews that eberflus calls the defensive plays even frank said that himself lol

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

We'll see if the Jimmies and Joes can do the same when their SoS isn't 32nd.

I sure hope they can. I doubt it though.

What did you think of the coaching tonight?

Jonathon Taylor has been holding the offense back.  He should not play much.

7 minutes ago, Nickster said:

What did you think of the coaching tonight?

Jonathon Taylor has been holding the offense back.  He should not play much.

Look at Taylors carries. When, where, down and distance, etc.. He was mainly up the gut in short yardage obvious situations. If you don't understand the comparative carries between the him and the other backs, I can't help you.

The game plan (let Rivers be Rivers) was better today. The play calling in many down and distances was still just bad. Rivers carried us tonight. He was allowed to attack intermediate and deeper than last week (when he was given a ton of first read short shots). 

5 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Look at Taylors carries. When, where, down and distance, etc.. He was mainly up the gut in short yardage obvious situations. If you don't understand the comparative carries between the him and the other backs, I can't help you.

The game plan (let Rivers be Rivers) was better today. The play calling in many down and distances was still just bad. Rivers carried us tonight. He was allowed to attack intermediate and deeper than last week (when he was given a ton of first read short shots). 

I’ve looked at every carry he’s taken the whole year at least twice.

Archived