Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton used to go no huddle vs the Ravens and these coaches with Rivers should be prepared to do so at home

chad72

I always believed that the strength of a Ravens squad typically is their depth on their roster. This depth gives them the ability to make high quality substitutions. They do give you a variety of looks on defense and have enough players well versed with their roles.

A big part of neutralizing substitutions is to go no huddle. I understand a lot of wide outs and our offensive pass catchers are young but if we come prepared to go no huddle for a couple of drives and save those for the 3rd or 4th quarter, it could be useful when the D tends to be more tired. I am confident our OL can handle it, just need to rehearse it well for 10-15 plays in a drive for a couple of drives. 

Thoughts??? 

• chad72 changed the title to Peyton used to go no huddle vs the Ravens and these coaches with Rivers should be prepared to do so at home

Just my opinion, but I think the Colts will want to limit the Ravens possessions, Don't want a quick 3 and out with 30 seconds taken off the clock. Ravens also have the ability to control the ball and keep our offense on the bench. Colts need to get ahead early and coast. Defense holds and get the ball back and control the clock. Gotta score TDs though. Can't hope and pray that the defense holds for 60 minutes, Chances are, Lamar is gonna break a few big runs.

Archived