Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Hold Private Workout With Andrew Luck

Is it a usual thing to hold privet workouts for players before the Draft?

On the other hand, Pagano a Grigs were being sick, when Luck had his pro-day, so it is obvious they want see him live.

So far Irsay and the new FO seem like to cover their intents, so no1 will know who they will draft with #1/1 pick, until the draft day.

This suggests to me that they have not decided 100% on Luck. If Christianson came back from the his pro day and said forget it, this guy is a lock, then we wouldn't be doing this... I don't think. There may be just enough doubt in the Colts mind that they want him to come in, show his stuff, and put their minds at ease.

This suggests to me that they have not decided 100% on Luck. If Christianson came back from the his pro day and said forget it, this guy is a lock, then we wouldn't be doing this... I don't think. There may be just enough doubt in the Colts mind that they want him to come in, show his stuff, and put their minds at ease.

I don't think the private workout is set up to dispel any potential misgivings the Colts may have about Luck's physical abilities.

I think the private workout is more an attempt to get into Luck's head through the interviews and interactions with the coaches.

I imagine that a conversation like this might happen:

Colts: So, Andrew...as the projected #1 draft pick, will you be committed to the Colts?

Luck: I will be committed to whichever team signs me. You know how strange the NFL can be. Teams can choose what they do with their draft picks, and it isn't always what everyone thinks they would do. I remember talking with John Elway, and with Eli Manning, that the teams that drafted them weren't the teams that signed them. Are you saying that the Colts are willing to commit to me and sign me?

Colts: Well, that's still up in the air right now.

Luck: Yes, that is what I understand. So, to answer your question, I will commit to the team that commits to me by signing me.

Colts: RG3 is also a possible choice for the Colts.

Luck: Robert is an excellent athlete, and a good person. Of course, should the Colts choose Robert, I would be disappointed of not being the #1 overall pick, but I would also be happy for Robert, and look forward to the team that does pick and sign me. Such is life.

Of course, that is purely my imagination. haha.

Looks like a great sign to me. I'm sure they will pick him, and they should. Still good to get him in here and see how he does and show him around. I'm guessing they are going to start putting the contract language together soon after that meeting.

Unfair? Fair has nothing to do with it, and I believe the decision was made months ago whom they were getting. They went to Griffen's pro-day and skipped Luck's because they were planning on bringing him in for a private session. All the RG3 stuff has been made up by fans and media.

Irsay said himself they have not decided between either, the article is NFL.com

"Jim Irsay said the team still hasn't decided who it will take with the first overall pick in next month's NFL draft.

"It's up in the air," Irsay told USA Today on Monday. "We have to look at this thing completely open-minded.

I sure hope they take luck over RG3, I just don't think he fits Indy as well as Luck does, but it's pretty clear they haven't finalized their plans.

"Jim Irsay said the team still hasn't decided who it will take with the first overall pick in next month's NFL draft.

"It's up in the air," Irsay told USA Today on Monday. "We have to look at this thing completely open-minded.

I sure hope they take luck over RG3, I just don't think he fits Indy as well as Luck does, but it's pretty clear they haven't finalized their plans.

Yes, and we should always believe what is spoon-fed to us by the media. It wasn't too long ago that the media quoted Irsay about something he said reagarding Peyton Manning remaining a Colt.

haha.

you don't have to worry. Luck has been the pick all along. Jim saying they will be following due dilligence is just him stirring the pot for the media. I can all but guarantee you that phone calls between Snyder and Irsay have taken place, and decisions have been made a while ago.

If the Colts really wanted a private work-out with RG3 they could get one. This whole postulation about 'scheduling issues' is just that, postulation. This makes me think that Andrew Luck's private workout is more than just about showcasing his skills. Its about gauging his interactions with the coaching staff and management. It may even be about contract negotiations.

I've got a bridge I need to sell you, barely been used.