Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Happens To Mark Sanchez?

bap1331

I honestly think hes done in New York. Wether there is one little mistake or not by Sanchez, fans will chant "Tebow! Tebow! Tebow!". The only way it is going to work is if Tebow is the starting QB and loses the first couple of games, Marky will come back on.

The problem is he signed an extension with the Jets. What do you think is going to happen? What is the cap penalty for trading Sanchez? I think he will end up in Miami, Browns, Bills or Titans...your thoughts?

Nothing is happening to Sanchez. They just signed him to a nice extension. He is there guy and Tebow will be used like he should have been and that is as an utility player. Like Coltsfandink said he will get a few snaps here and there, but it is Sanchez's team.

If the fans start chanting for Tebow they are *s. Tebow is not an improvement on Sanchez.

The Jets regret losing Brad Smith, and I'm sure that they intend this to be a replacement. The difference is that Brad Smith was just a nice roll player. You didn't have an army of worshipers screaming for him to be the starter. Even if they set up a package for Tebow and it works, they may come to regret this decision.

Mike Francesca from WFAN thinks that it's just an attempt to grab attention. He openly expresses disgust for the Jets owner who is more concerned with the short term goal of selling seat licenses at the new stadium than he is with the long term goal of putting a good product on the field. He also thinks that the Jets are fixated on the Giants to an unhealthy degree. Of course he is a Giants fan. He also thinks that the Mets (who I root for) are fixated on the Yankees (who he roots for) to an unhealthy degree. His perception may be a little bit warped.

Short term, Tebow isn't a threat to Sanchez at all. In fact Tebow is probably about the only QB in the league who could make Sanchez look competent in comparison. The problem will be from all heck breaking lose amongst the fans. In Denver this was an incredibly divisive topic because "the faithful" who come out of the woodwork to support Tebow and demand that he play, don't necessarily know anything about football, nor necessarily even care about what's best for the team. They just stare at Tebow with glazed eyes and try to put a hex on anyone who disagrees with them. For as good a person as Tebow appears to be, he is ironically about the most divisive element to enter the sports world that I have ever seen. It just blows your fan base apart.

And if in the middle of that firestorm Sanchez loses what little confidence he has, and regresses further (if that is even possible), the Jets will be left without an actual QB on their roster at all. You need a REALLY strong and confidence coach to pull this off. For all his bravado, I don't know that Ryan can.