Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No pick in 7th, and UDFA

3 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I know it probably makes no difference, but does not having a pick in the final round give Ballard a jump in reaching out and working in signing guys who might be UDFA, vs concentrating on the board, trades, etx, that last round.....

Absolutely it does! Though I heard that because of the nature of this draft teams were already negotiating with guys that fit that mold prior to the draft???? But there will be some good players hanging around out there!

Rounds 4 through UDFA are heavily scout driven. Especially with travel restrictions where teams could not go out and research these off the radar prospects.  Teams will seek out the ones already scouted they have info on, not many 'where did they find that guy' treasures, I fear.

1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

I know it probably makes no difference, but does not having a pick in the final round give Ballard a jump in reaching out and working in signing guys who might be UDFA, vs concentrating on the board, trades, etx, that last round.....

I could see him adding another pick or two whether its by another trade down or trading somebody like he has done late in the last two drafts too early to tell.

Archived