Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wr, Tight End.....who? How?

oldunclemark

I'm concerned....about Andrew Luck's running mates

I see Austin Collie and Reggie Wayne (bless his heart) at wide receiver.

But who else...Do we still have Blair White?

..and tight end is who..the big blocking kid from Oklahoma??

////Ease my mind here...we need 1/2 dozen pass catchers..

Who? and How?

any ideas...?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If i were Andrew Luck, i would think twice about the Colts.

I mean Colts are doing a complete clean up. Everyone is new from players to coaches to fo. And we dont know if they would work. First time coach. First time GM. Unless he has lots of patience, Red skins appears to be a good team to me at this point. Mike Shanahan is a quality SB winning coach.

I mean Colts are doing a complete clean up. Everyone is new from players to coaches to fo. And we dont know if they would work. First time coach. First time GM. Unless he has lots of patience, Red skins appears to be a good team to me at this point. Mike Shanahan is a quality SB winning coach.

It's not Luck's choice....The team drafts him, not the other way around....

The WR crop overall is pretty good. I think Stephen Hill would be a great fit for the colts and a target Luck can throw to for the next decade. I believe Hill learning from Wayne would be the most beneficial thing for him or any rookie WR we get in this draft. Tommy Streeter would be nice as well (The U ties w/ Wayne)

lol@redskins

Andrew Luck has seen this complete clean up before, at Stanford.

He chose to join Stanford after Stanford posted a 1-11 season, fired its old HC, and hired a new HC in Jim Harbaugh.

4 years later, after red-shirting his freshman year, he leaves Stanford with a 31-7 record, as the winningest QB in its history.

Andrew Luck has seen this complete clean up before, at Stanford. He chose to join Stanford after Stanford posted a 1-11 season, fired its old HC, and hired a new HC in Jim Harbaugh. 4 years later, after red-shirting his freshman year, he leaves Stanford with a 31-7 record, as the winningest QB in its history.
NFL and College Football are very identical. Thats right.

There is a guy called Tim Tebow. Won Hiesman and 2 National Championships. Must be winning 8 SBs in 16 years NFL then.

Ever hear of Elway or Eli?

Ever heard of Eli and Elway

Ever hear of leverage? Back then Elway had leverage, especially being the #1 overall pick in the draft. Eli wasn't even the #1 overall pick and he only had a select few options who would swap picks with him. Elway had the leverage of playing baseball for the Yankees and Eli had the Manning name. Luck can't go to the colts and go "Draft me and I'm going to play so and so for xyz team". If you really think he can successfully demand to not play for the Colts you might want to take a look at the little to no leverage he has.

Who? and How?

any ideas...?

I honestly don't know other than 6 more Tim (Tom?) Zbikowski's at WR.

Hey I know, can you catch a football Mark? Take 465 to 56th street, it's right there, you can't miss it.

Ever hear of leverage? Back then Elway had leverage, especially being the #1 overall pick in the draft. Eli wasn't even the #1 overall pick and he only had a select few options who would swap picks with him. Elway had the leverage of playing baseball for the Yankees and Eli had the Manning name. Luck can't go to the colts and go "Draft me and I'm going to play so and so for xyz team". If you really think he can successfully demand to not play for the Colts you might want to take a look at the little to no leverage he has.

Manning name is a leverage?. Ok.

There is a guy called Tim Tebow. Won Hiesman and 2 National Championships. Must be winning 8 SBs in 16 years NFL then.

Re-builds happen all the time in the NFL. Why would Luck want to go to Washington, where he knows he has an Owner that is going to try and run things like he is Jerry Jones? A team that is known for blowing loads of Cash on FAs only to have it come back to bite them?

It's the point that he's been through that's important. Doesn't mean it's going to go perfectly, but it having experience with going through a large amount of change makes it easier to go through later on if it happens.

Manning name is a leverage?. Ok.

Actually it was...Not sure how you don't understand that.

I think Luck is too much of a stand up guy to want to care who he plays for

Who? and How?

any ideas...?

There's a lot of receivers in the draft, it should work out fine, and we still have Blair White

I think you're missing the point. He UF is saying that Luck was not afraid to step into a situation where a team was rebuilding, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

You are comparing how he played in college. It's not a similar comparison. The comparison that was being made is that he had made a similar decision in the past, and may not be afraid to do the same now by choosing to play with the Colts.

I think you misunderstand.

I claimed that Andrew Luck has seen a total clean up before, and was unafraid of it.

He was unafraid of joining a previously 1-11 team.

What does that have to do with college football or professional football?

Isn't a clean up a clean up?

When you replace the entire coaching staff, that is a clean up, whether it is at the college level or the professional level.

Who? and How?

any ideas...?

Colts just need a #2 WR or a slotWR and a TE. No biggie just draft them, there plenty to choose from. I would not go to FA for these, draft them and let them grow with Luck.

I think you misunderstand. I claimed that Andrew Luck has seen a total clean up before, and was unafraid of it. What does that have to do with college football or professional football? Isn't a clean up a clean up? When you replace the entire coaching staff, that is a clean up, whether it is at the college level or the professional level.

Difference is magnitude, expectations, pressure, the game itself, money

I think Luck is too much of a stand up guy to want to care who he plays for

There's a lot of receivers in the draft, it should work out fine, and we still have Blair White

Folks laugh at his name..but I like Blair White...He's got good hands and he can take a hit..

These guys can make life easier for the new QB....

..but he needs to be working with his good-hands people right away......

Difference is magnitude, expectations, pressure, the game itself, money

No difference in the challenge. Luck likes challenges. Luck was unafraid to join a previously poor-performing team to make it better.

Luck joined the 1-11 Stanford team. He did make it better, much better. 4 years later, Stanford went 11-2.

I expect Luck to accept the challenge of joining the 2-14 Colts team when he is drafted.

I expect him to make it better, much better.

I think you're missing the point. He UF is saying that Luck was not afraid to step into a situation where a team was rebuilding, as mentioned earlier in this thread. You are comparing how he played in college. It's not a similar comparison. The comparison that was being made is that he had made a similar decision in the past, and may not be afraid to do the same now by choosing to play with the Colts.

I didnt say he would afraid.

My point is does he has patience enough to wait till Colts get better. Seems like they are way down right now. No one questions his talent.

The Colts are still a class organization....Manning or no Manning...and many players want to play here. We are not like Miami or the bottom feeders of the league...rebuilding or not the Colts are going to be a great team and they will surely get back to winning ways WAY sooner than later....You can bet on it.