Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

VFiC and danlhart87 3 Round Mock Thread

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, what are we doing? :facepalm:. I think we have picked all top RBs almost, one TE and few other diverse positions. So lot of steals in third round.

Jaguars took all 3 early picks on defense to fill in for the players they drove out of the team. Now they got a steal.

With 71st overall draft pick, Jacksonville Jaguars select

KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State.

DJ Chark and KJ Hamler, would be fantastic duo!

I'm torn to pick a CB here, but a top tight end might be lost while doing so. In the end, the higher potential to become a great NFL player wins, relative to the competition at the position.

I like Brycen Hopkins more, but Frank Reich knows how to get the best out of a player who has much higher upside in the long-term. This small school prospect has everything that NFL teams look after from their scouts, a blend of burst, short area ability, ball skills and potential to become a solid blocker in-line from the TE position, not that Colts OL need much help from that perspective. So, he fits right in here, with ability to produce as receiver early in his Rookie season in designed packages while also being able to help in run game. He can grow to be exceptional in both as he refined his overall skills with NFL coaching.

73rd overall pick, Indianapolis Colts select

Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers and @danlhart87 are on the clock. 

Funny, in Gavin's Mock Draft, just notice that both Adam Trautman and KJ Hamler were available at this point, but Adam went to Jacksonville and Indianapolis got KJ Hamler.

In this draft, I've reversed the picks unknowingly and it fits. Jacksonville selects KJ Hamler and Indianapolis gets Adam Trautman!

With the 81st overall draft pick, Las Vegas Raiders select

Troy Pride Jr, CB, Notre Dame.

Raiders have been set to be a formidable defensive line, but they need help elsewhere in the defense to compete in their division. Troy Pride Jr will fit different mixture of coverages that Paul Guenther likes to run, and would help in man and zone coverage early in the season. 

Oh sorry, I was looking at Wikipedia for draft order, which seems to be outdated. That's the one given in Darius Slay trade!

Detroit Lions are getting a solid wide receiver for Matthew Stafford here to complement Kenny Golloday, considering Marvin Jones' injury history.

With the 85th overall draft pick, Detroit Lions select

Van Jefferson, WR, Florida

New England needs OLBs after losing Jamie Collins and Kyle Van Noy among many other weapons. 

87th overall draft pick, New England Patriots select

Darrell Taylor, EDGE, Tennessee.

Taylor is very good at stacking blocks and provide good run defense, v exactly the style Belichick prefers but he is still developing pass rush skill set. He seems to be the best fit, considering Patriots took QB and didn't have a second round pick and need immediate impact in some capacity along the defensive line.

Archived