Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Like Iowa OL are typically rated high, DBs are underrated

Let me just point this out.  I'm an Iowa fan.  

I always noticed King, Hyde, Hooker and some others.  I was rather shocked how far King fell.  Those guys all made some pretty memorable plays.  

I never really noticed this guy a lot.  Take that for what it's worth but I just can't mention him among that company even looking at Iowa careers alone.  

Could be a diamond in the rough there.  But as an Iowa fan he's just sort of a guy I vaguely remember, not any defender I ever considered a key player or a star.  (Perhaps he was overshadowed by Epenesa?)

• Thanks 1

I double checked his highlight video and I sort of understand why none of his plays are memorable.  Most of his highlights are hits where he is admittedly very good.  The highlights of his interceptions are really more of the quarterback's lowlights.  He doesn't make a great play on the ball the quarterback just apparently doesn't see him and throws the ball right to him.  That's 2 of his picks last year.  The other pick was a ball that completely overshot his mark.

8 minutes ago, stitches said:

What's the explanation for Epenesa's combine numbers? I didn't expect him to be a burner but damn, that's pretty slow. Can he fall to R2? 

No idea I havn't been following it so I had to look it up.  

I certainly didn't get the impression that he had a lot of speed.  Don't remember him running guys down, all the sacks I can remember where in the pocket. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

How do you like this Iowa DB? Michael Ojemudia

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2020/02/29/nfl-draft-michael-ojemudia-iowa-football-defensive-backs/4903940002/

What round do you think can we wait to get him? Round 4? Round 5?

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/michael-ojemudia

He totally shut down Michael Pittman Jr. when Iowa played USC! I had seen his name prior to that bowl game, but when I saw him defend Pittman I was like "this is a guy that should be the Colts radar"

• Like 2