Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BleacherReport-- 7 reasons the colts are for a Super Bowl Run

coltsuser21

7. Everyone stays healthy:

The Scenario: All the key players stay healthy all season, then come up big in the Playoffs.

6.Experience pays off:

The Scenario: As other teams struggle from a lockout hangover, the consistent Colts ride their veteran leadership all the way to the big game.

5.Defense steps up:

The Scenario: After years of being written off as an undersized pushover, the Colts’ D finally emerges as a championship-caliber asset, rather than a liability.

4.Running game finally clicks:

The Scenario: Tired of being ridiculed, the Indianapolis running game suddenly appears, balancing the team’s already potent offense and triggering a deep post-season run.

3.Abslolute domination:

The Scenario: After storming through yet another regular season like clockwork, Indy carries the momentum all the way to Super Bowl XLVI.

2.Peyton Manning, carries the team on is back:

The Scenario: Though it takes several improbable come-from-behind wins to accomplish it, Peyton Manning compensates for his team’s shortcomings all year long and does so well enough he reaches his third Super Bowl in six years.

1.Pure dumb luck:

The scenario: A bunch of crazy outcomes you never saw coming take place, and when the dust finally settles the Colts just happen to come out on top.

My link to the full BR article

is it just me, or are 5, 3, and 2 contradictory to one another?

Our defense steps up and becomes an asset opposed to a liability and it's going to help us dominate, but we're going to have to have a bunch of comeback wins engineered by Peyton...

Is that even metaphysically possible?

I'm also not so sure about #4... I've got a feeling we're going to be in for another season of growing pains with our O-line. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think that adding the rookies and nothing else is going to turn things around overnight for us...

Sure will take a whole lot of #1, though.

7. Everyone stays healthy:

The Scenario: All the key players stay healthy all season, then come up big in the Playoffs.

6.Experience pays off:

The Scenario: As other teams struggle from a lockout hangover, the consistent Colts ride their veteran leadership all the way to the big game.

5.Defense steps up:

The Scenario: After years of being written off as an undersized pushover, the Colts’ D finally emerges as a championship-caliber asset, rather than a liability.

4.Running game finally clicks:

The Scenario: Tired of being ridiculed, the Indianapolis running game suddenly appears, balancing the team’s already potent offense and triggering a deep post-season run.

3.Abslolute domination:

The Scenario: After storming through yet another regular season like clockwork, Indy carries the momentum all the way to Super Bowl XLVI.

2.Peyton Manning, carries the team on is back:

The Scenario: Though it takes several improbable come-from-behind wins to accomplish it, Peyton Manning compensates for his team’s shortcomings all year long and does so well enough he reaches his third Super Bowl in six years.

1.Pure dumb luck:

The scenario: A bunch of crazy outcomes you never saw coming take place, and when the dust finally settles the Colts just happen to come out on top.

My link to the full BR article

7 is the most unlikely of all. When was the last time ALL the key players stayed healthy for the entire season? I'd rely the most on 4, 5 and 6. Also the depth we now have to carry us through any lack of 7. Every SB winner needs at least some of 1, as well.

No we won't. No such thing in football.

A perfect season is a pipe dream, but can be achieved. i think we wont know what we got as an al around squad for a few weeks in to the regular season. A scenario is what it is. Huge fan but other teams are getting better too

Why does everyone think the Ravens have a shot? They were gutted of 4 great vets during free agency (Mason, Heap, McGahee, Gregg), a solid FB in LaRon McClain their defense is getting REALLY old..Sure they brought in Bernard Pollard and Vonta Leach, but to put it on Ray Rice and Flacco (who I don't think is that great a QB) is a lot to ask, especially with the Steelers in that division.

As for the Colts, no team stays completely injury free, we all know this. But staying relatively healthy at key positions will go a long way towards the Colts having a shot at the SB. The D should be improved (let's hope they pick up a S and CB before the season to increase the depth there), the O will be solid with Clark, Gonzo, and Collie returning, and the rooks are mostly looking good. The O-line concerns me, but hopefully they will gel and get rolling.