Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans Bucs

Restinpeacesweetchloe

32 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

No. I refuse to pay for traditional cable packages where subscribers are forced to pay excessive fees for the right to watch NFL Network & ESPN

I miss a game here & there, but I don't end up supporting the garbage they broadcast the other 98% of the time.

/endrant

I don’t get it either. What I do when the Saturday games come at the end of the season I just pay for a sling package and watch on my phone. You can get a free trial. Patriots are up next.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t get it either. What I do when the Saturday games come at the end of the season I just pay for a sling package and watch on my phone. You can get a free trial. Patriots are up next.

That stuff is available free on the NFL app. But I want football on the bigscreen like anyone else. The NFL knows that all too well. I've done my share of free trials etc. I just want a fair system where I can pay for the content I want without jumping through hoops. I'd gladly give the NFL a fee today for the right to watch the games, but no...

Big sports is on the side of big cable today. When they will just let people choose and pay for the content they want, I will get on board. Big cable needs to wake the hell up and do the same

3 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

That stuff is available free on the NFL app. But I want football on the bigscreen like anyone else. The NFL knows that all too well. I've done my share of free trials etc. I just want a fair system where I can pay for the content I want without jumping through hoops. I'd gladly give the NFL a fee today for the right to watch the games, but no...

Big sports is on the side of big cable today. When they will just let people choose and pay for the content they want, I will get on board. Big cable needs to wake the hell up and do the same

No you can’t watch nfl network games in the Ap.  I could put it on the big screen if I want because I have Apple TV. Phone is fine for me. I just pay for one month then cancel it.

I'm annoyed because I can't watch football all day when it's on all day because of different business models premeditatively choosing & sticking with their own best interests.

I admit I am a little butthurt right now. But this business model won't last. The NFL thinks they can take on the entire media market, and they are dead wrong

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

No you can’t watch nfl network games in the Ap

Seems like it was just last year you could watch any and all NFL games via their app on you phone. Maybe it was the year before.

Anyway I haven't tried it in a long time because I want the game on the bigscreen.

I know how the NFL is with their broadcasting rights legalities, so it probably has changed

sorry to derail your thread

4 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

Seems like it was just last year you could watch any and all NFL games via their app on you phone. Maybe it was the year before.

Anyway I haven't tried it in a long time because I want the game on the bigscreen.

I know how the NFL is with their broadcasting rights legalities, so it probably has changed

sorry to derail your thread

Only if you have nfl network through your cable provider.

NFL app just now told me to log off my WiFi and I could watch the Buffalo@NE game over moile data. That was how it worked initially because they knew most would deplete their data. Then last year, or before they let you watch on mobile data or Wifi. Now they are back to the mobile data scheme

I've got plenty of data, so fine. But it's still not on the bigscreen. I can cast pretty much anything from my Samsung phone to my Samsung TV. Just not the NFL app :D

gun-to-head.jpg

15 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

NFL app just now told me to log off my WiFi and I could watch the Buffalo@NE game over moile data. That was how it worked initially because they knew most would deplete their data. Then last year, or before they let you watch on mobile data or Wifi. Now they are back to the mobile data scheme

I've got plenty of data, so fine. But it's still not on the bigscreen. I can cast pretty much anything from my Samsung phone to my Samsung TV. Just not the NFL app :D

gun-to-head.jpg

Yes but that would cost a lot. If you have nflnetwork through your provider you can watch it on the ap without data.  Like I said you can get a sling membership for free then cancel it.

• Like 1

I have enough data to watch the last two games today, but I think I've worn out my welcome with most trial offers :D

It has been maybe 2 years since I've employed Sling, so I can probably hit them again. But I am pretty sure everything else is on Network Television after today. Probably not the probowl, but who cares. 

I'll revisit this problem again next season. On the bright side. I never miss Colts games because I live in Indy. If it's on a cable channel, it's always simulcast on a local air channel. Things could be a lot worse :)