Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LB need?

These mock draft tool websites (fanspeak, first-pick) seem to have LB as a big need for the Colts.  Call me crazy, but I don’t see it as a need at all.  Walker and Leonard are studs, Okereke has been a very pleasant surprise, Speed looked great in pre-season, and Franklin and Adams can play.  Plus, we typically only have two LBs in there, and nobody’s contract is up after the year.  What say you?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Archer said:

These mock draft tool websites (fanspeak, first-pick) seem to have LB as a big need for the Colts.  Call me crazy, but I don’t see it as a need at all.  Walker and Leonard are studs, Okereke has been a very pleasant surprise, Speed looked great in pre-season, and Franklin and Adams can play.  Plus, we typically only have two LBs in there, and nobody’s contract is up after the year.  What say you?

i dont see it as a need , the upgrades i see are d-line wr and defensive back.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

i dont see it as a need , the upgrades i see are d-line wr and defensive back.

I agree, but I have OL depth pretty high on the list.  LeRaven looked terrible in PS, and his contract is up after this year.  Andrews looked serviceable at C, but very bad at OG.  Only good one is Haeg, and his contract’ll be up before the draft.  If we get OL injuries in the 2nd half of the season, it ain’t gonna be pretty.  I’d like to get an OG to compete with Glowinski, and keep an eye open for a LT successor...

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Archer said:

I agree, but I have OL depth pretty high on the list.  LeRaven looked terrible in PS, and his contract is up after this year.  Andrews looked serviceable at C, but very bad at OG.  Only good one is Haeg, and his contract’ll be up before the draft.  If we get OL injuries in the 2nd half of the season, it ain’t gonna be pretty.  I’d like to get an OG to compete with Glowinski, and keep an eye open for a LT successor...

i agree we have been lucky everyone has stayed healthy

1 hour ago, Archer said:

I agree.  We have been fortunate so far but If Clark has to play we are in trouble.  FA and the draft next year for the OL.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Archer said:

We are fine at that spot for sure.

• Like 1

I mean we could stand to do better but our LB corps is pretty solid.  

My thoughts are D-tackles (We seem to have a solid pass rush but stopping the run is becoming an issue.), Running back depth (Wilkins just hasn't shown up much since his first game and I'd like to see more of a 1-2 punch with Mack and another RB.)

And honestly I think we should aim for a QB high in the draft.  I like Brissett but he doesn't IMO have a high enough ceiling.  I'm welcoming him to prove me wrong.