Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VaAllDay757

Eric Swoope to the Raiders

Probably a nice guy, and I wish him well with the Raiders, but the Colts had to cut their losses and move on. He was always a "project" guy who just never really made much of an impact with the Colts. His career stats, through five years (23 receptions, 384 yards, 4 TDs), barely add up to one passable season for an average NFL tight end. Experiment over. Now on to Mo Alie-Cox who may be on a much shorter development timetable to prove that he's worth a roster spot. 

Swoope wasn’t a problem of talent, his was health. Couldn’t stay on the field multiple games. Sure liked what he showed for us though. Wish him success 

Great guy for sure. I was actually surprised he lasted as long as he did with the Colts but I'm sure we were trying to get the most out of him. His injuries side tracked him though. I'll watch him with the Raiders and I hope he can stay healthy and do well for them.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I mean... Just from personal experience: it's really, really easy to get hooked on that crap. I nearly fell into that path after my tonsillectomy... My family has a long history of addiction, so it's always in the back of my head to be extra careful.  
    • Personally, I think Dak is going to end up going the Kirk Cousins route and will end up being franchised twice before signing with another team in 2022. With the Mahomes deal, the bar was raised even higher for QB's. And even though Dak is not going to get Mahomes money he is is probably going to get between 37-40 million a year. Will the Colts be willing to pay that? I don't know, but I do believe that Dak will play this season and next under the franchise tag before moving onto greener pastures.
    • Texans traded for and gave Tunsil a 3 year extension to his rookie contract. I see them doing something similar to Watson after this year.  Thus Watson would play 5th year option in 2021 at $17.5 million, then get 3 years added at 31+ mil per season, with much (if not all) guaranteed, taking him through 2024.  This circumvents using franchise tags that would keep the UFA on the roster, but maybe sow derision as well.     Texans were improving as a group, notably toward the end of last year, and then added Tunsil.  Max Scharping at left guard and Tytus Howard at right tackle are no longer rookies. That group won't chase Watson away.     Never say never, but this more a dream then reality. Coaches that give up on franchise QB's get kicked to the curb. Even BoB knows this.
    • Also, has it ever occurred to folks that he may have played hurt last year?  He took some vicious hits against Packers and didn’t look the same afterward. You’ll never know if Rivers is injured because he’ll play through everything including a torn ACL. And he will NEVER make excuses.    With a great backup in Jacoby I hope he doesn’t feel the need to play hero. 
    • I get the weird feeling some folks would love to see Philip Rivers fail so that they can gloat they were right. I for one am optimistic. Gotta roll with who we have and win games, that is all that matters!!!
  • Members