Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Two WRs currently on the market other then Inman

Just in case the colts don't get to bring back Inman, here are two wrs currently on the market the colts could look at before the draft

1. Seth Roberts

Raiders just waived him. Roberts seems to be a very steady option in the passing game who comes up with big catches and makes plays from time to time.

2. Charlie Johnson

Johnson was the leading receiver in the AAF and was very good for the vikings at one point in his career. He is 30 though. 

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I think if the colts are going to bring on a FA they will just bring back Inman. From what ballard has been saying sounds like they are waiting to see if they get anything in the draft before signing him. 

Im just saying if. You never know if a team will sign inman before we do

I hope for Inman's sake that he is not the reason he does not have a contract, because you can never tell how the draft will play out.  He's a good player, but easily replaceable for many teams in the draft, so I think its foolish for him to have his contract, or not, based upon how the draft falls. 

14 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I hope for Inman's sake that he is not the reason he does not have a contract, because you can never tell how the draft will play out.  He's a good player, but easily replaceable for many teams in the draft, so I think its foolish for him to have his contract, or not, based upon how the draft falls. 

Before he signed with the colts last year he had other offers. He said that he waited until the right situation came along. With everything we had learned he was in contact with the colts awhile. It really sounds like he waited on the colts to say yes.  But I also think teams are now waiting to sign veterans like him until after the draft.

I strongly suspect Inman has an offer from the Colts.   I suspect we have told  him to shop it and make the choice that is best for him.    Accept a better offer from another team or return to the Colts with the offer we've made.

I don't see him waiting on the Colts for an initial offer.

Now, it's possible he's returned to the Colts and presented an offer from another team to meet or beat.    But I doubt it.    Because I think Ballard would let him know right away what his answer was.    And if he had,  Inman would either be re-signed now, or he'd be leaving to go to a new city.    

Since that hasn't happened,  I suspect Inman is waiting to see if any new offers pop-up either before or after the draft.   I suspect Ballard has told him his offer will remain in place no matter what.    We can still sign Inman even if we draft a WR. 

Unfortunately,  this is going to take time to play out.    I'm sorry to see this unfold this way.

If the colts get one of the bigger names at WR I would think Inman won’t be back. If it is a later round pick I could see him being back. There just isn’t room if we draft a bigger name who will play right away. I think the colts like the young receivers they have. I would love to see Luck have a few receivers that will be here a few years so he has some consistency.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If the colts get one of the bigger names at WR I would think Inman won’t be back. If it is a later round pick I could see him being back. There just isn’t room if we draft a bigger name who will play right away. I think the colts like the young receivers they have. I would love to see Luck have a few receivers that will be here a few years so he has some consistency.

There's always room.   It's not like we have a loaded WR room full of talent.

Hilton, Funchess, Rookie, Inman,  Cain.     That's five.    And we might even keep six.   Rogers and Fountain and Pascal would be the candidates.    Fountain and Pascal and others could end up on the PS.

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There's always room.   It's not like we have a loaded WR room full of talent.

Hilton, Funchess, Rookie, Inman,  Cain.     That's five.    And we might even keep six.   Rogers and Fountain and Pascal would be the candidates.    Fountain and Pascal and others could end up on the PS.

That’s pretty much how I see it. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We also have Johnson. I don’t think pascal would be eligible for the practice squad. Just  my opinion a big name drafted no Inman. A later round project he could be back. There comes a point you have to let the young guys play or their development will be stunted.

The numbers game and versatility could hurt DI