Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why would anyone draft Adrian Peterson 1st overall?

I personally wouldn't draft him in the 1st round let alone first overall. Have you seen Minnesota's OL? Peterson is gonna have more negative gains than positive this season. Does anyone else notice this?

which is why i gave my friend who is an AP fanatic the first pick in my fantasy league haha

I personally wouldn't draft him in the 1st round let alone first overall. Have you seen Minnesota's OL? Peterson is gonna have more negative gains than positive this season. Does anyone else notice this?

Well Minny's OL has not been real good the last 2 years. But he gets the ball on the goal line and he can pop one from anywhere.

You would be a fool not to take AP as the first RB off the board.

He as helped me win my main keeper league 2 of the last 3 years. He is the most consistent RB in fantasy. And if McNabb has success throwing the ball AP will be fine.

Depending on the scoring format the only players I would consider over AP are Aaron Rodgers and Michael Vick. QB's are huge in my money league.

Depends how you look at it. Favre had a brutal year last season, but McNabb should to better this season. That will make teams respect the passing game, so they may not have 8 men in the box on every play to stop AP. If I had the first overall pick, I would probably go with Vick. He can run and throw.

You are a fool if you do not take him in the first round.

The fact that they have McNabb even with him not being as good as he use to be will force defenses to respect the pass. They won't be able to drop eight or nine in the box.

AD is one of those backs that can overcome a mediocre offensive line.

The back I worry about is MJD.

McNabb vs Favre is a wash to me. SO i'm not really concerned about drawing the defense off the line to protect the pass.

The Vikings OL has been not so great for the past 2 years but this year it's REALLY bad. They have lost a lot of there big gap creating guys and I know AP was very injury prone in College. With the current situation the Vikings have on the OL I'm 100% positive he'll either get injured or have a lack in production.

I guess you still have to take him in the first round if he's there @ the 6th or 7th pick, but IMHO it's way too risky to take before that.

Meh, I picked Adrian Peterson with the #1 pick. He is the model of consistency at the RB position, and you can get quality QB's a little later in the draft. Since I had the #1 pick I had the last pick in the 2nd and the 1st in the 3rd round so I picked Steven Jackson and Philip Rivers who is a top 5 fantasy QB and might be #1 any year now. But by that time all the elite RB's are long gone so you have to go for guys like Ryan Matthews or BenJarvus Green-Ellis(sp?) who are good but not great. So my thinking was just take the guy who is guaranteed to have 1,300 yards and double-digit touchdowns and never look back.

I'm not worried about AP. As others have said, he's been the most consistent back in the league for the last few years even with a poor o-line. Oh, and then there's this:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4169/adrian-peterson

The most consistent back now getting more 3rd down carries and more involved in the passing game? Yes please. I'll take All Day #1 overall all day.

Do you play fantasy football to win? lol For someone not to take him in the first round is crazy. Ray Rice would be a good pick at 1st overall but AP is number 2 or 3 for sure if you want to win.

Do you play fantasy football to win? lol For someone not to take him in the first round is crazy. Ray Rice would be a good pick at 1st overall but AP is number 2 or 3 for sure if you want to win.

Not only do I play but I have won every year that I have played and I've done it without AP every time.

This is one of the years where you have to break form your norm and select the WR before the RB. I know it sounds CRAZY but I drafted two teams, first team I drafted was the standard. Sure up some good consistant RB's (except I did get Arian Foster #2 overall it;s a gamble i'm willing to make after seeing him in pre-season) and I realized that late in the draft there were MANY viable RB's just sitting around making me wish I selected the all-star WR's first.

In both of my leagues Tim Hightower and Beanie Wells are both still available a week after the draft and no one is picking them up, that's how many quality RB's there are this year.

That being said my 2nd draft is an absolute machine. If the team stay's healthy I may set some records.