Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN Off-season Dominoes

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/25901330/predicting-2019-nfl-offseason-dominoes-free-agents-trades-cause-ripples

Colts signings in some of the scenarios.

Ansah DE:

Colts sign:

Ansah 4yr $64m $35guar

If Raiders sign Ansah, it has us signing:

Za'Darius Smith 4yr $48m

Earl Thomas S:

If Thomas signs with SF, it has the Colts signing:

Steven Nelson CB 4yr $32m

Then trading pick #26 while Colts get 4th rounder back for:

Xavien Howard CB Miami

Just thought it was worth a post.

Go check it out, has a few players on there, explanations are pretty good, at least for the Colts side.

22 hours ago, w87r said:

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/25901330/predicting-2019-nfl-offseason-dominoes-free-agents-trades-cause-ripples

Colts signings in some of the scenarios.

Ansah DE:

Colts sign:

Ansah 4yr $64m $35guar

If Raiders sign Ansah, it has us signing:

Za'Darius Smith 4yr $48m

Earl Thomas S:

If Thomas signs with SF, it has the Colts signing:

Steven Nelson CB 4yr $32m

Then trading pick #26 while Colts get 4th rounder back for:

Xavien Howard CB Miami

Just thought it was worth a post.

Go check it out, has a few players on there, explanations are pretty good, at least for the Colts side.

Under the Thomas signing with SF I am not seeing the Colts signing of Nelson or the trade.  Instead it is showing TB signing T. Mathieu.  Nothing on the Colts. 

33 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Under the Thomas signing with SF I am not seeing the Colts signing of Nelson or the trade.  Instead it is showing TB signing T. Mathieu.  Nothing on the Colts. 

It still shows it for me. Was thinking for a moment after reading your post that it might change, but it still shows the Colts moves. Have to scroll down more.

35 minutes ago, w87r said:

It still shows it for me. Was thinking for a moment after reading your post that it might change, but it still shows the Colts moves. Have to scroll down more.

I can't get it to scroll down on my computer.  I don't know why.  I will go directly to ESPN site and look for it.  Thanks

That Ansah deal almost made lose my lunch. $64M with more than half gtd to a 30 year-old DE coming off an injury? Ansah's selling point is that he would be much cheaper than other options and not require a massive deal. That seems to completely negate that. If we are looking at older vets...Gerald McCoy is who I would like to see.

Za'Darius Smith deal is pretty bad as well. Consider me a pass on BAL role players coming off one good season. Never seems to work out well for the signing team. Kick in a couple more million per year and the Colts can likely get a much better player for that money.

Nelson is intriguing...I will say that.

Howard is a stud. Make that a late 2nd round pick (or Brissett + one of the 4th rounders)...and we are talking. A 1st round pick is a bit rich, given the team's needs.