Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I was doing some research into the depth of this years WR Draft Class, and reviewing the previous few WR draft classes, and came to the conclusion that this may be the best since the 2014 WR class. This class is loaded, and if it weren't for the ridiculous amount of depth along the defensive line, I think this would be the most prominent group in the draft. 

I'm going to list the notable WRs (basically starters) in each of the last 5 draft classes, omitting players that busted, in the order that they were taken. 

1) Sammy Watkins

2) Mike Evans 

3) OBJ

4) Brandin Cooks 

5) Kelvin Benjamin 

6) Davante Adams 

7) Jarvis Landry

8) Allen Robinson 

1) Amari Cooper

2) Tyler Lockett

1) Will Fuller

2) Michael Thomas 

3) Josh Doctson

4) Tyler Boyd

5) Sterling Shepard

6) Geronimo Allison

1) Mike Williams 

2) Juju 

1) Calvin Ridley

2) Courtland Sutton

3) DJ Moore

4) Christian Kirk

5) Anthony Miller

6) Michael Gallup

7) Trequan Smith 

Going through the recent draft classes I noticed that 2014 was heads and tails the best, 2016 was fairly strong, and 2018's class is shaping up nicely. 2015 and 2017 were poor, to say the least. 

This years class has many many guys that have potential to develop into starters in the league, and there's a handful that will start out of the gate. Out of DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel, Hakeem Butler, AJ Brown, Marquise Brown, Nkeal Harry, Parris Campbell, Kelvin Harmon, Arcega-Whiteside, Riley Ridley, Anthony Johnson, Isabella, and Hunter Renfrow there's some serious starter-level talent in this draft. In my eyes, it's the deepest, and most talented, since the 2014 Draft Class. Would love to hear you guys/girls opinions.

• Like 1

I have made the 2014 comp as well...though it's hard to imagine this draft having the top-end talent that 2014 had. But depth...definitely...and maybe even more. You can go like a dozen deep and still have guys that you would legitimately be excited about drafting.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I have made the 2014 comp as well...though it's hard to imagine this draft having the top-end talent that 2014 had. But depth...definitely...and maybe even more. You can go like a dozen deep and still have guys that you would legitimately be excited about drafting.

No doubt. That's the reason I'm really against using the 1st on a WR. Should be able to grab a great one with either of the 2nds...whichever one he doesn't trade to move up and grab Sweat :goodluck: lol

On 2/2/2019 at 8:26 PM, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

No doubt. That's the reason I'm really against using the 1st on a WR. Should be able to grab a great one with either of the 2nds...whichever one he doesn't trade to move up and grab Sweat :goodluck: lol

Not if all the great WRs get taken before the 2nd round. Metcalf, Brown, and Harmon are all legit 1st rounders. Deebo could go in the 1st too. Then who are you really left with? Butler and Harry who are both boom or busts prospects.

This draft class is crazy talented. It usually seems like every year there is one position group that is loaded more so than the rest. This year the d-line and WR is probably the deepest I have seen. We will have some talent drop to us either D-line or WR and and I am all in on BPA. I still think the draft will end up on a run on the QB's sending us more talent

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Not if all the great WRs get taken before the 2nd round. Metcalf, Brown, and Harmon are all legit 1st rounders. Deebo could go in the 1st too. Then who are you really left with? Butler and Harry who are both boom or busts prospects.

Well, you have Butler and Harry...and, Arcega-Whiteside, Riley Ridley, Anthony Johnson, Parris Campbell, Hollywood Brown, Isabella and Renfrow (later in the draft). I highly doubt more than 1 or 2 go in the first, otherwise with the # of QBs slated to go, we start talking about landing a pretty damn solid DL guy...and that's the ideal pick for me anyways.