Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aikman Efficiency Ratings

Coffeedrinker

5 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Final update:  AER 2018 Season

Colts ended the season #6 overall in the AER.

- Colts are #4 in offensive AER with a 90.8 (leage average 83.4)

- Colts are #9 in defensive AER with a 70.3 (league average 66.5)

Now this is why I like the AER and why I think AER is the best overall evaluation of how good teams are.

The Top 9 in overall AER are (in order):

Bears, Saints, Rams, Seahawks, Chargers, Colts, Chiefs, Patriots, Ravens. - All playoff teams.

The three outliers are the Texans (#13), Eagles (#14) and the Cowboys (#16)

#10, 11, 12 are the Steelers, Vikings and Titans.  All teams that were in the playoff hunt until the final whistle blew on the last game in that conference.  

The only team in the top half (16 or above) of AER with a losing record is the Packers at #15.

Teams ranked 17-32 in AER all have losing records.

The Cardinals are ranked #32 in overall AER.  They also have the worst record in the NFL. And the #32 ranked offense in AER.

Tampa Bay had the worst defense per AER with a 55.4, using the NFL yardage for ranking Tampa is #27

I find it interesting that the defenses seem generally better in the AFC than the NFC and vice versa with offenses.  

How crazy that the Steelers even in statistical analysis shows that they are being held back by something other than what's on the field.  They need an entire new coaching staff soon it they will fade into irrelevance.

The chargers are very surprising with how effective their defense is.  The eye test doesn't necessarily back that up. But I certainly believe it.

Keep these up they were so interesting to see thought the year.

1 hour ago, Surge89 said:

I find it interesting that the defenses seem generally better in the AFC than the NFC and vice versa with offenses.  

How crazy that the Steelers even in statistical analysis shows that they are being held back by something other than what's on the field.  They need an entire new coaching staff soon it they will fade into irrelevance.

The chargers are very surprising with how effective their defense is.  The eye test doesn't necessarily back that up. But I certainly believe it.

Keep these up they were so interesting to see thought the year.

The Steelers are fine, as is, thank you.

#6 is exactly where this current team is, no better & no worse.  Chargers do not match up well with the Ravens as we all seen not so long ago.  That leaves our Colts as the next best AFC contender so don’t be surprised if we march into Houston, Kansas City & either Foxboro or Baltimore kicking butt & taking names cuz we’re all out of bubblegum.  These rankings seem to tell the whole story as a team & Passes the eye test!  Aikman knows this game pretty well & his rating system backs him up IMO.  We are not the traditional Wildcard team & can’t think about the disrespect if we make it to the big dance cuz the ratings told us all along. Relax & enjoy this ride!

• Like 1