Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All-Right Andrew, Its Your Team Now

tfunky14

I've said this before, but I'm going to say it again.

I'm imploring all of you. Please, regardless of how you feel about how the situation with Manning was handled, please do not take it out on Andrew Luck. That isn't fair, he had nothing to do with it. He's just another young man trying to live out his dream of playing in the NFL. Like it or not, he's most likely going to be our starting QB for the foreseeable future. He's going to need us fans to support him if he's going to be successful.

Please, I'm begging all of you. Don't blame him for something he had no control over.

GOOD GOD!!!! Finally a real Colts fan that sees the true way a fan should be viewing this news. I love Manning, but in the end he got his dreams, and his money. We all payed Manning a lot of our own hard earned cash, and now he is done. Maybe not from football but from the Colts. Luck is our future and if you don't like it then please for the love of the horse shoe LEAVE!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think once most people have a chance to cool off from the Manning release they'll move on to supporting the team and Luck. Even some of the more vocal fans.

Some probably will have a harder time forgiving Irsay though for a perceived wrong doing.

GOOD GOD!!!! Finally a real Colts fan that sees the true way a fan should be viewing this news.

there are lots of us here. its just not a good time to be a rational fan with all of the emotion running rampant tonight.

I will say this we need to stay patient and understand this isn't Bill Polian an experienced GM with an experienced head coach in Mora bringing Peyton Manning along. This is a rookie GM, a rookie HC, and a rookie QB. They are all going to need time to grow into their jobs. I think all three have given us reasons to think that if given that time they could very good at their jobs. I really doubt this is going to be an over night rebuild it's going to take some time. This is one of those things that is really going to hurt in the short term but probably pay off in the long term. There will probably be holes after this off-season I would encourage people not to get upset that not every need was addressed in one off-season. Frankly there are probably too many to address in one off-season. That doesn't mean they wont be addressed in future drafts.

I think since we know Luck or RG3 is coming the first order of business is going to be sure up the o-line. I think we have the two tackles in place already. I think we will make a real run at the Grubs guy who is the guard for the Ravens to go with Reitz. That leaves the center spot up in the air which could be Saturday, Pollack, or a rookie.

From there we have to get a DT to play defense. I don't know if we target one in the draft or go free agency but that would be the next target.

The secondary and WR are areaes of need as well but I am not sure how much we will address those areaes this off-season. We have to get a WR of some kinda rather it be keeping Garcon or signing or a free agent or drafting one because we can't go into next season with Collie as our number one WR and White as our number two.

Listen to all u losers don't bang on Andrew like you know him, that kid will never be as good as Payton, more like Alex smith, Ryan leaf the colts r >>>ed and u all know it what a bunch of punks in the wheel house, I hope they tank I will never watch or cheer for that team again, u r going to go back to the losers you once where r.I.p colts nation, ur team just took a 14 yr regression, back to loserville rot in heck Indy..........hahaha love scorned colts fan p.s.ex- colts fan

I think Luck will be more clutch and be more of an Aaron Rodgers. Manning is excellent statistically, but I think Luck will win 2 Superbowls! We will be a more balanced team facing the future. It will take 2 years to see some results, but everyone think of this.. Our division HAS ALL ROOKIE QB'S!!!!!! We can still be competitive facing the future and Luck looks better than all of our divisional QB's.

I have had a gut feeling for a while this team goes 9-7 next year.

So mark me down for a potential 9-7.

Might be wrong but then again I keep thinking "9-7."

BTW 9-7 might be good enough to sneak into the playoffs.

You'll probably have that. So are you going to breast-feed him for the next 5 years?

I think it is certainly reasonable to give him a year to learn the NFL, but you can't compare his situation to PM's. Fans have high expectations, if he's unable to peform like "the best prospect since Elway" then fans have a right to voice that opinion. It would be wrong to hate on him just for replacing manning, but we have every right to ride him based on performance. How can you call that childish?

Does he like older women?

I have had a gut feeling for a while this team goes 9-7 next year.

So mark me down for a potential 9-7.

Might be wrong but then again I keep thinking "9-7."

BTW 9-7 might be good enough to sneak into the playoffs.

I'm thinking realistically 6-10. But i love the idea of optimism. The good news is, the following year we could have a good shot at 9-7.

I'm thinking realistically 6-10. But i love the idea of optimism. The good news is, the following year we could have a good shot at 9-7.

6-10 seems around more realistic.

I guess my feeling is we could suprise a few teams that don't expect it or see it coming.

Very tough to call when there is so much that is new next season from the QB to the coaches.

6-10 seems around more realistic.

I guess my feeling is we could suprise a few teams that don't expect it or see it coming.

Very tough to call when there is so much that is new next season from the QB to the coaches.

6-10 is kinda what I am thinking if that.

Our schedule is hard next year.

Home with Miami, Buffalo, KC (I think it could be the Browns), Vikings, Packers, Titans, Jags, and Texans

Road games at New England, Jets, Brown (again could be KC), Lions, Bears, Titans, Jags, and Texans

Home with Miami, Buffalo, KC (I think it could be the Browns), Vikings, Packers, Titans, Jags, and Texans

Road games at New England, Jets, Brown (again could be KC), Lions, Bears, Titans, Jags, and Texans

9-7 baby!!!!

;)

hmm... after seeing that schedule, I'm going to guess 5-10 at best. Maybe seeing this schedule is what scared Manning from resigning a short term deal.

The road schedule does look a tad tough though. I actually think there is a shot to take down the Packers at home though depending on whether or not their last ranked D improves in the offseason. That could be a huge win if it happened.

hmm... after seeing that schedule, I'm going to guess 5-10 at best. Maybe seeing this schedule is what scared Manning from resigning a short term deal.

The only WC here to me right now is if Peyton ends up on one of those teams. That game most certainly will be primetime.

I remember when Irsay quoted:

With all due respect, sir, I believe this is gonna be our finest hour.

We all love Peyton but, Whats done is done. Time to move on with Andrew Luck.

Build a bigger, tougher team. Play more physical.

A new era is here. Deal with it.

truth. i dont understand the fans that are giving andrew luck one year. i give luck 2 years. a part of me thinks they will start a new offensive system based off luck, kind of like with peyton and will use the first year to see where his real strengths r etc etc

truth. i dont understand the fans that are giving andrew luck one year. i give luck 2 years. a part of me thinks they will start a new offensive system based off luck, kind of like with peyton and will use the first year to see where his real strengths r etc etc

2 years??? That boy is going to be put in a pair of size 50 shoes. He will be forever linked to Manning. I give it 4 seasons, it wasn't till Manning's 4th year that he really started to dominate

2 years??? That boy is going to be put in a pair of size 50 shoes. He will be forever linked to Manning. I give it 4 seasons, it wasn't till Manning's 4th year that he really started to dominate

Im not saying Luck gets 2 years to start woopin butt peyton style, I mean giving luck 2 years to be in full control of his offense/adjusted to NFL.