Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CR91 Final Mock Draft

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I love Penny...

But I'll be very happy if we take a quality back with one of three picks....

49, 67, or 104.    

There are lots of backs I really like.  I just want one of them...

I'm not against it. Just think we have other needs we need to focus on

On April 14, 2018 at 11:57 PM, CR91 said:

Ok guys this is my final mock draft that I believe will address all of our needs and yes I think we trade back.

Colts trade with the bears and get their 1st 2nd 4th and next years 3rd for our 1st and 49th pick

1. Roquan Smith LB Georgia

I honestly believe this is the top guy on the colts board once Chubb Barkley and Nelson are off the board which could happen. I also believe it is the biggest weakness on the team with the lack of depth and proven talent at our LBing Corp. I think Edmunds has more upside, but I believe Smith is the safer prospect.

2. Billy Price G Ohio State

Price getting hurt is a blessing for the colts as this allows the colts to go in a different direction with their first pick and still get Luck the the help he needs upfront.

2.Darius Leonard OLB South Carolina State

Excellent coverage skills and speed, flys all over the field with 114 tackles and 8.5 sacks

2. Donte Jackson CB LSU

Extremely fast CB with ideal coverage ability. Not the biggest corner, but can stay with wrs and play the ball.

3. Lorenzo Carter OLB Georgia

Yes im stretching here I know, but if he fell this would fix our LBing Corp with Leonard Smith Carter being able to develop together and give us the talent we need at LB.

4. Dante Pettis WR Washington

I've had Pettis in basically every mock so far and that won't change even with us getting Ryan Grant.

4. Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State

Very talented pass rusher playing sparingly behind guys like Bosa and Hubbard, but still productive. Could be a steal in the 4th

5.Greg Senat T Wagner

Small School prospect, but has the size and talent to make the jump in competition. 

6.Tre Flowers S Oklahoma State

6 3 200 pound safety that ran a 4.4 and 80 tackles last year. Can play the ball and get in position to make a play.

7.Antonio Callaway WR Florida

Put all his issues in the back burner because if he falls to the 7th round, then that is worth the gamble. The kid has 1st round talent if he can just put it together and stay out of trouble.

I'm cool with LBs, CBs, Safety, & even OL help, but WRs? I don't know about that. Maybe you just mean BPA based on the late rounds. I don't study drafts like some guys on here do, but I respect you as a poster & what you up with CR91. 

If by some miracle Indy has a shot at grabbing Nelson, would you take him? Just curious. 

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

I'm cool with LBs, CBs, Safety, & even OL help, but WRs? I don't know about that. Maybe you just mean BPA based on the late rounds. I don't study drafts like some guys on here do, but I respect you as a poster & what you up with CR91. 

If by some miracle Indy has a shot at grabbing Nelson, would you take him? Just curious. 

We don't really have any proven talent at wr other then Hilton and luck needs more weapons. I think with Price being available in the second, we could go after another position of need and still get luck the protection he needs

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

We don't really have any proven talent at wr other then Hilton and luck needs more weapons. I think with Price being available in the second, we could go after another position of need and still get luck the protection he needs

INDY has always had good mojo in the WR draft department for the most part. I get your reasoning for more TY help. I just think we need to go heavy defense & pass rusher centric this yr. Overall, I'm fine with your mock. No real red flags to speak of. 

Gotta ask you again: If Nelson is there, would you select him as the GM? Yes or No? I know it's a longshot. I just really like the guy. Thanks CR91. 

45 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

INDY has always had good mojo in the WR draft department for the most part. I get your reasoning for more TY help. I just think we need to go heavy defense & pass rusher centric this yr. Overall, I'm fine with your mock. No real red flags to speak of. 

Gotta ask you again: If Nelson is there, would you select him as the GM? Yes or No? I know it's a longshot. I just really like the guy. Thanks CR91. 

Kinda hard to answer that. I guess it depends on rather we have any trade partners to move back with. I have no issue with Nelson. He's a great talent, but I feel we need to get out of this draft with as many starters as we can to help with all the holes we have.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Kinda hard to answer that. I guess it depends on rather we have any trade partners to move back with. I have no issue with Nelson. He's a great talent, but I feel we need to get out of this draft with as many starters as we can to help with all the holes we have.

I get the need to get more draft selections especially if the offer to slide down is too good to say no to. 

I doubt Nelson will be there, but just when you think the draft is predictable some GM goes in a totally different direction & shocks the world so what the hades you never know right? 

At this juncture, I treat the draft like presents under the X-MAS tree. Just roll with it & get surprised. Thanks for your feedback. Appreciate it. 

13 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I get the need to get more draft selections especially if the offer to slide down is too good to say no to. 

I doubt Nelson will be there, but just when you think the draft is predictable some GM goes in a totally different direction & shocks the world so what the hades you never know right? 

At this juncture, I treat the draft like presents under the X-MAS tree. Just roll with it & get surprised. Thanks for your feedback. Appreciate it. 

If we take Nelson, I won't object. Just depends what we're offered

On 4/15/2018 at 11:13 AM, Matabix said:

Joe Ostman over Jaylon any day. Both should be available in 4th round. Read up on Ostman rq and see if you like him better. Already pur 18lbs. on since end of season.

Jaylen Holmes is an interior pass rusher.  He's not a DE like Ostman. His projection is for the interior in the NFL. If you study his film he makes all his plays from the inside.

• Like 1