Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Possibly Trade with Jets

Colts give up 3rd pick this year for Jets:

2018 1st round ( #6 )

2018 2nd round ( #50 )

2018 4th round ( #102 )

2019 2nd round ( #est 15-20)

would you do it? Considering the Jets could pick higher than 15-20 next year, I’d strongly consider it. 

Thoughts?

here’s the link 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2018/01/what_would_it_cost_jets_to_trade_for_colts_no_3_nf.amp

15 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Colts give up 3rd pick this year for Jets:

2018 1st round ( #6 )

2018 2nd round ( #50 )

2018 4th round ( #102 )

2019 2nd round ( #est 15-20)

would you do it? Considering the Jets could pick higher than 15-20 next year, I’d strongly consider it. 

Thoughts?

here’s the link 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2018/01/what_would_it_cost_jets_to_trade_for_colts_no_3_nf.amp

They have 2 second rounders this year (one from Seattle) , the trade for me would have to include them both + swapping first round picks, and if there is a bidding war, for our pick I want them to overpay by giving us their 3rd as well....so we would essentially add an extra 2-seconds  and 3rd for moving back 3 spots....

Based upon that article I think Ballard could ask for a bit more since there will be other teams possibly competing to move up for a franchise QB as well. 

If Ballard thinks Bradley Chubb, Fitzpatrick, or Nelson will still be there at 6 which I believe at least 2 of those players will be, you should get all you can get from the Jets or Broncos to move down. 

22 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Based upon that article I think Ballard could ask for a bit more since there will be other teams possibly competing to move up for a franchise QB as well. 

If Ballard thinks Bradley Chubb, Fitzpatrick, or Nelson will still be there at 6 which I believe at least 2 of those players will be, you should get all you can get from the Jets or Broncos to move down. 

Totally agree. If the gold mine is opened up, you do it. But not past the Jets. The drop down is small and the reward shoukd be high. 

It is ideal if there is a bidding war for a QB at #3.  

This is more likely to happen if the Browns try to get Barkley at #1.  But honestly I don't see that happening.  I think the Browns will take their favorite QB at #1, the Giants will take one at 2 (Although if they decide to stick to Manning they could also trade down.).  Then #3 could be a bidding war for Barkley.  Wouldn't be a lucrative as a bidding war for a QB, but might still bring in a good haul.  

I would certainly be happy to take a deal similar to the trade mentioned here.  Trade down to #6, grab Nelson.  

16 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

It is ideal if there is a bidding war for a QB at #3.  

This is more likely to happen if the Browns try to get Barkley at #1.  But honestly I don't see that happening.  I think the Browns will take their favorite QB at #1, the Giants will take one at 2 (Although if they decide to stick to Manning they could also trade down.).  Then #3 could be a bidding war for Barkley.  Wouldn't be a lucrative as a bidding war for a QB, but might still bring in a good haul.  

I would certainly be happy to take a deal similar to the trade mentioned here.  Trade down to #6, grab Nelson.  

Yeah I think we’ll get decent offers even if QBs go 1,2. Barkley is a rare talent at RB and he could garner interest from another team as could Allen/Mayfield if they continue to rise. I would prefer Chubb at 6 overall but wouldn’t be too upset with Nelson if he was gone. 

18 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Yeah I think we’ll get decent offers even if QBs go 1,2. Barkley is a rare talent at RB and he could garner interest from another team as could Allen/Mayfield if they continue to rise. I would prefer Chubb at 6 overall but wouldn’t be too upset with Nelson if he was gone. 

Yeah he's not going to bring in the haul that a QB could but he's pretty much universally agreed to be the best player in the draft.  So any team hungry to get a guy in their backfield that can make plays in both the running and passing game would probably be interested in trading up to get him.

That is presuming Ballard doesn't grab him himself.