Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts to play in Thursday night opener?

coltsorioles

4 hours ago, Roger said:

Except for Indy fans, nobody thinks anything about Colts / Pats.  Some Indy fans think there is still a rivalry.  There is not.  Maybe there will be again.  But the old rivalry is expired.

Wrong 

The Colts have had a couple of down years but the Rivalry lives on  Colts & Patriot Fans have been going back & forth along time & it ain't never gonna be over  ,  

I can't stand the Patriots & I look forward to each game , GO EAGLES 

23 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Why? The colts are a good franchise we're not like the browns, jags, or tampa bay who nobody cares to watch we will get a primetime game

Well, everyone gets a primetime game on Thursday night, so I'm not arguing that.

Two things going against a Sunday/Monday nighter - Indy is a small market first of all, and secondly the networks want winning teams.  Monday night games are decided when the schedule comes out.  

We could be flexed for a Sunday night game if things go right.

I do not believe our beloved Colts will play on opening night.

1. Pat play Green Bay & Minnesota in home games, way better teams than us.

2. Philly plays Minnesota, Carolina or ANY of the NFC EAST, and let us be real NFC EAST WILL always get top time slots.

4 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Well, everyone gets a primetime game on Thursday night, so I'm not arguing that.

Two things going against a Sunday/Monday nighter - Indy is a small market first of all, and secondly the networks want winning teams.  Monday night games are decided when the schedule comes out.  

We could be flexed for a Sunday night game if things go right.

We'll get a sunday night game and monday night game we don't bring low numbers in

On 1/23/2018 at 2:34 PM, coltsorioles said:

They have are at New England and at Philadelphia. If Josh McDaniels is the coach then I think they will definitely be playing.

I doubt the NFL is putting a 4-12 football team on opening night.

Sorry guys, but we have to earn our way back into the inner circle. :D 

On 1/28/2018 at 5:34 PM, mjgoodsman said:

I do not believe our beloved Colts will play on opening night.

1. Pat play Green Bay & Minnesota in home games, way better teams than us.

2. Philly plays Minnesota, Carolina or ANY of the NFC EAST, and let us be real NFC EAST WILL always get top time slots.

The last time a SB champ NY Giants played their division rival in their home opener vs Cowboys, they got beat, didn't they (though a season late)?

Plus, the home game gaffe of the Orioles cost the Ravens a home opener thus opening at Broncos leading to a thumping loss (though a season late too :)).

Pats vs Vikings makes a lot of sense, or Philly vs Vikings makes a lot of sense, much like the Saints rematch with the Vikings after winning the SB.