Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CR91 Full offseason mock

Let me start with the coach hiring before I get into the numbers. I do believe we will hire Josh Mcdaniels. I think his offense is exactly what luck needs to not only protect himself from continuously getting hit, but be more efficient when it comes to protecting the ball. 

Colts Projected Cap Space 82 Mil

Colt's Free Agent Resign

Barkevious Mingo 2yr 4mil

Adam Vinatieri 2yr 4mil

Pierre Desir 1yr 2mil

Donte Moncrief 1yr 3mil

Rashaan Melvin 3yr 15mil

As much as I want to resign Mewhort, there is just too much mystery behind rather mewhort will continue playing and if he does, will ballard want to resign him since he can't seem to stay healthly. Melvin has proven he can a very good CB1 along with wilson who continues to play very well. Along with hairston and resigning Desir and we have very good depth at CB. I am giving moncrief one more year to prove he deserves a big contract. I'm gonna let this year go as the whole offense struggled. Gore imo doesn't fit what I think we want to do on offense if we hire mcdaniels. He likes scatbacks with a goalline back to pound the ball which we already have with turbin.

Colts Cap Space 68 mil

Colts Free Agent Signings

Andrew Norwell G 5yr 35 mil 15g

Demario Davis ILB 4yr 40 mil 17g

Todd Davis ILB 2yr 10 mil 5g

Dion Lewis RB 3yr 25 mil 13g

I don't think we are going to be big spenders mostly because I don't think this is a really good free agency class, but I believe these moves fix a lot of our issues. Norwell gives us a really good guard to replace mewhort. Not sure if davis will leave NY, but he would be a great addition to our defense along with todd davis adding good depth. If we do hire Mcdaniels, I wouldnt be surprised if he trys to bring lewis with him. He likes using multiple backs and I think him and mack would be dangerous together.

Colts Cap Space 38 Mil

I will do a another mock draft in a different thread later.

57 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Let me start with the coach hiring before I get into the numbers. I do believe we will hire Josh Mcdaniels. I think his offense is exactly what luck needs to not only protect himself from continuously getting hit, but be more efficient when it comes to protecting the ball. 

Colts Projected Cap Space 82 Mil

Colt's Free Agent Resign

Barkevious Mingo 2yr 4mil

Adam Vinatieri 2yr 4mil

Pierre Desir 1yr 2mil

Donte Moncrief 1yr 3mil

Rashaan Melvin 3yr 15mil

As much as I want to resign Mewhort, there is just too much mystery behind rather mewhort will continue playing and if he does, will ballard want to resign him since he can't seem to stay healhly. Melvin has proven he can a very good CB1 along with wilson who continues to play very well. Along with hairston and resigning Desir and we have very good depth at CB. I am giving moncrief one more year to prove he deserves a big contract. I'm gonna let this year go as the whole offense struggled. Gore imo doesn't fit what I think we want to do on offense if we hire mcdaniels. He likes scatbacks with a goalline back to pound the ball which we already have with turbin.

Colts Cap Space 68 mil

Colts Free Agent Signings

Andrew Norwell G 5yr 35 mil 15g

Demario Davis ILB 4yr 40 mil 17g

Todd Davis ILB 2yr 10 mil 5g

Dion Lewis RB 3yr 25 mil 13g

I don't think we are going to be big spenders mostly because I don't think this is a really good free agency class, but I believe these moves fix a lot of our issues. Norwell gives us a really good guard to replace mewhort. Not sure if davis will leave NY, but he would be a great addition to our defense along with todd davis adding good depth. If we do hire Mcdaniels, I wouldnt be surprised if he trys to bring lewis with him. He likes using multiple backs and I think him and mack would be dangerous together.

Colts Cap Space 38 Mil

I will do a another mock draft in a different thread later.

I think you're going to see Melvin get much, much more.     He's likely going to be the second best CB available in FA.      That alone would get him roughly 3/30...   and maybe more, like 4/40.

And I think Norwell will likely be viewed as the top OG in FA.    So, his numbers might look more like 5/50 with 20-25g      And that's if we're lucky.

I don't think Lewis will command 3/25g.      Probably closer to 3/15-20.     And that's if we want a veteran RB.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think you're going to see Melvin get much, much more.     He's likely going to be the second best CB available in FA.      That alone would get him roughly 3/30...   and maybe more, like 4/40.

And I think Norwell will likely be viewed as the top OG in FA.    So, his numbers might look more like 5/50 with 20-25g      And that's if we're lucky.

I don't think Lewis will command 3/25g.      Probably closer to 3/15-20.     And that's if we want a veteran RB.

Not sure if Melvin is valued that much especially since he missed quite a few games. I can see norwell generate more then what I predicted and we can afford to offer more if we are interested. I think McDaniels will want another back if we hire him. His offense involves a lot of uses of different backs

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Not sure if Melvin is valued that much especially since he missed quite a few games. I can see norwell generate more then what I predicted and we can afford to offer more if we are interested. I think McDaniels will want another back if we hire him. His offense involves a lot of uses of different backs

Remember.....    Melvin missed a number of games due to injury...   broken bones....    not due to performance.

His performance graded out very highly.

We will have the money for Norwell if we want him.     But a top guard -- any top guard -- is not getting $7 mill per....   he's getting $10-12 Mill per...

As for Lewis....    I see the attraction for McDaniels....    I'm only haggling over the money....   a little less than you're offering...

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Remember.....    Melvin missed a number of games due to injury...   broken bones....    not due to performance.

His performance graded out very highly.

No I understand. He played very well. I just think the games he missed may lower his value on the market.