Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lance Zierlein on Bradley Chubb

Here's some stats from PFF on Chubb:

-no.9 in the country in pass-rush efficiency!

-no.1 in the country in run-stop efficiency! 

I don't know if you guys realize how insane this combination is. He's elite at both, at least production-wise. This is why I want to see his athletic testing. Chubb is extremely impressive on tape from what I've watched. 

@Defjamz26 I think you've been underestimating him as a prospect. I still agree with you he's not Myles Garrett level prospect, but you have to consider Garrett might be one of the most perfect prospects at EDGE to come out recently. I still want to see his testing and if it matches or exceeds my expectations he is definitely worth a top 5 pick, especially for a team that severely lacks pass-rushing. 

3 hours ago, stitches said:

Here's some stats from PFF on Chubb:

-no.9 in the country in pass-rush efficiency!

-no.1 in the country in run-stop efficiency! 

I don't know if you guys realize how insane this combination is. He's elite at both, at least production-wise. This is why I want to see his athletic testing. Chubb is extremely impressive on tape from what I've watched. 

@Defjamz26 I think you've been underestimating him as a prospect. I still agree with you he's not Myles Garrett level prospect, but you have to consider Garrett might be one of the most perfect prospects at EDGE to come out recently. I still want to see his testing and if it matches or exceeds my expectations he is definitely worth a top 5 pick, especially for a team that severely lacks pass-rushing. 

I agree with you man. Everyone wants to say he's no Myles Garret or Von Miller but the thing is those types don't come out every year. I know people are wanting Nelson because we need O-line help which is true but Pass Rushers don't come cheap and if they tend to hit free agency your paying a premium price to beat out others. My thing is it's been proven you can find a really good guard in the later rounds like 2nd or 3rd. Ya I know the Colts haven't had previous success at drafting O-line but that was with Grigson. We got Ballard and Ed Dodds. 

One of the interesting qualities about Lance Zierlein is that a good friend of his is none other than.......

Chris Ballard.

In separate interviews I've heard both men make that reference...

Zierlein writes for NFL.com.    Keep a close eye on what he writes...   who he likes and doesn't like.    It may give some insight on who Ballard likes.

Thanks to the OP for this find....

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

One of the interesting qualities about Lance Zierlein is that a good friend of his is none other than.......

Chris Ballard.

In separate interviews I've heard both men make that reference...

Zierlein writes for NFL.com.    Keep a close eye on what he writes...   who he likes and doesn't like.    It may give some insight on who Ballard likes.

Thanks to the OP for this find....

Well, if we can put yesterday behind us, did Zierlein ever work with Ballard or Dorsey in KC? Not sure of his credentials.

3 hours ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

I agree with you man. Everyone wants to say he's no Myles Garret or Von Miller but the thing is those types don't come out every year. I know people are wanting Nelson because we need O-line help which is true but Pass Rushers don't come cheap and if they tend to hit free agency your paying a premium price to beat out others. My thing is it's been proven you can find a really good guard in the later rounds like 2nd or 3rd. Ya I know the Colts haven't had previous success at drafting O-line but that was with Grigson. We got Ballard and Ed Dodds. 

Ballard missed on drafting OL last year with Banner in the 4th rd.  I am expecting better results this year with a new OL coach and his own scouting staff. 

49 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Well, if we can put yesterday behind us, did Zierlein ever work with Ballard or Dorsey in KC? Not sure of his credentials.

I don't believe they have worked together...   not to my knowledge...

I think they met on line or over the phone...    Among the many things that he does,   Lance does interviews of NFL execs for a local radio station (lives in Houston or some place in Texas) and I think he found Ballard to be accommodating when he was at KC...

They seem to hit it off...  they seem to see some things the same way...    they appear to share certain philosophies...    that type of thing...

Zierlein writes the draft profiles for NFL.com........

PS....     credentials...   I think Z is the son a coach, so he's been brought up with the game from a young age.   If he played I would guess it would be at the HS level...   I don't know if he played in college.    I think when you read his profiles his knowledge will jump out at you.