Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raiders promote John Pagano, Chuck's brother, to DC.

ReMeDy

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000881233/article/raiders-fire-dc-ken-norton-jr-promote-john-pagano

I never knew Chuck had a brother, and he runs a defense no less! Well jeez then, why didn't Chuck reach out to him for a job within the Colts, or was John not interested? We saw the likes or Rex and Rob working on the same team, so I wonder what the Chuck and John separation entails.

3 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000881233/article/raiders-fire-dc-ken-norton-jr-promote-john-pagano

I never knew Chuck had a brother, and he runs a defense no less! Well jeez then, why didn't Chuck reach out to him for a job within the Colts, or was John not interested? We saw the likes or Rex and Rob working on the same team, so I wonder what the Chuck and John separation entails.

Aww shucks! I was hopin he would be our new Head Coach, that ruins my plan :sarcasm:

12 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

You did not know he had a brother?  He was the DC for the Chargers for a while.  He was with the Chargers organization for a while actually in many seats.  

51 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

You did not know he had a brother?  He was the DC for the Chargers for a while.  He was with the Chargers organization for a while actually in many seats.  

I thought John Pagano was an underrated DC. He reminded me of Manusky. Nothing spectacular but he would come up with decent game plans.

When RW and the Seahawks were cooking in 2013 following their SB win, John Pagano devised a very good plan to keep RW in the pocket and play contain and coverage to beat the Seahawks at home. I think he might be an upgrade over Ken Norton, IMO.

He also tried to keep the Chargers mojo going vs Peyton in his first year as a Bronco during that MNF game when the Chargers went up 24-0 only for the bad Rivers to show up and the comeback to 35-24 happened. He also took down the Broncos in 2013 on a short week on the road by limiting their offense. 

The Paganos sure knew how to play Peyton for sure. :) 

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I thought John Pagano was an underrated DC. He reminded me of Manusky. Nothing spectacular but he would come up with decent game plans.

When RW and the Seahawks were cooking in 2013 following their SB win, John Pagano devised a very good plan to keep RW in the pocket and play contain and coverage to beat the Seahawks at home. I think he might be an upgrade over Ken Norton, IMO.

I would agree!  I think he is definitely underappreciated.  He was able to hold Luck and our offense to very few yards and a bad day for Luck.  He did not have an amazing roster by any means and their D was pretty good (not great) with him at the helm.

14 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

His first NFL job was with the Colts (one of Jim Mora's hires) as a defensive quality control coach. My cousin was best friends (still is) with Chuck and he hooked me up a few games with John. Nice guy that I had a few dinners with. Didn't go to many games as I lived in Syracuse , NY. He was there just before Manning  was drafted and went to San Diego when Mora was replaced