Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Have We Done To Improve Our Running Game

BleedingBlue

There is not a lot that can be done in February to improve the running game. A few good things that have happened to help are: retaining the RBs coach, bringing in coaches that may actually be able to coach the OL, and cutting the dead weight recently from the OL.

I happen to keep track of sacks because, well I'm an olineman nerd, AC gave up 4 sacks all season and two were to Suggs. That is very impressive for a rookie LT . stampede blue said he gave up 6 in his first nine games, not good for a # 1 pick,

Not only did he prove worthy of a 1st round pick, but he played better than either tackle taken ahead of him in Smith and Solder.

Too slow how?

This is one of those statements that is complete hokum. One, if a team was completely balanced in their running they would run 1/3 the time to the left, 1/3 to the right and 1/3 up the middle. So by default a completely balanced team would run, not only more up the middle and to the right, but twice as much. Plusm the facts don't support that theory. According to NFL.com (not an all inclusive source but one I could find on short notice that has stats for 2011) the Colts had the fewest negative yards running to the left, 20 1st down (23 on the right 26 center) and a pwr rating of 75 of the left, 31 in the center and 70 on the right. The power rating is telling because it is. "Rush Pwr = Percentage of rushes on 3rd or 4th down with 2 or fewer yards to go that achieved a first down or TD. Also includes rushes on 1st-and-goal and 2nd-and-goal from the opponent's 2-yard line or closer." Not to mention the fact that most teams run to the right (it's because most people are right handed)

I can guarantee it.

In your opinion he's not, but what I saw he had plenty enough power.

One you are really going to try to compare a rook to an 11 year veteran? Two, I'm glad, Light has given up an average of 7 sacks per year for the last several years even though he gets helped a lot by the quick passing game and a RB or TE.

casto only played 12 games, and he gets beat bad by speed rushing lbs, allowed 6 sacks in first 9 games, we need a great left tackle or luck will wind up with peyton neck too, is he another left tackle bust?

Well...there...you...go. How could one possibly disagree with sound reasoning and facts such as that?

Send me a private message when you have some actual knowledge of oline play and we can discuss it some more.