Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

looking for

OLD FAN MAN

win or lose, as a colts fan i am going to try to be entertained this season by watching for our players who play above average and become play makers. i hope to see a few become  really good. i hope as a team we have enough of these to compete as a team. i am also looking for one or more of our players to become a pass rusher. anyone else have thoughts on what they are looking for to enjoy this team this season?

I agree with you 100%. I have been a true blue Colts fan since the night they arrived in Indiana, and will always remain faithful. After all, if I stayed with them through the Jeff George days I figure nothing can drag me away ! As for this year , I hope to see us find someone who can replace Pat MacAfee, hope to see us have a healthy and talented Quarterback who will not be traded away so that he can then win a Superbowl for Denver, and hope to see us find a really good pass receiver. Anything more than that is just pure gravy.

1 hour ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

win or lose, as a colts fan i am going to try to be entertained this season by watching for our players who play above average and become play makers. i hope to see a few become  really good. i hope as a team we have enough of these to compete as a team. i am also looking for one or more of our players to become a pass rusher. anyone else have thoughts on what they are looking for to enjoy this team this season?

Watching the defense grow. The more experienced D-line was the best group last week, the LB'ers were not as sharp, but not terrible. Continuity and leadership played a big part. The secondary was plain and simply, a calamity, and had the most to do with the scoreboard. Their grade was easily a D, but much of that was about youth, experience and continuity. I think there's talent there, but they must get the critical minutes to develop. 

I'm really excited about Mack this season. I think he has the opportunity to get more touches as the season goes on and he's flashed a ton of home run potential.  Just hope he can keep the fumbles in check.  Would like to see our top 2 picks Hooker and Wilson grow together this season too.  I've seen enough of Green imo he's got all the ability but still, would rather see Wilson more over Green.

59 minutes ago, Douzer said:

Watching the defense grow. The more experienced D-line was the best group last week, the LB'ers were not as sharp, but not terrible. Continuity and leadership played a big part. The secondary was plain and simply, a calamity, and had the most to do with the scoreboard. Their grade was easily a D, but much of that was about youth, experience and continuity. I think there's talent there, but they must get the critical minutes to develop. 

i concur

31 minutes ago, YourManBlu said:

I'm really excited about Mack this season. I think he has the opportunity to get more touches as the season goes on and he's flashed a ton of home run potential.  Just hope he can keep the fumbles in check.  Would like to see our top 2 picks Hooker and Wilson grow together this season too.  I've seen enough of Green imo he's got all the ability but still, would rather see Wilson more over Green.

excited about mack and hooker also

I just want to get excited seeing the offense march onto the field again.  Don't get me wrong, I like our defense right now (minus the secondary).  I just want that feeling back, when the Colts offense takes the field and I think to my self, " this will be the turning point in the game".  Hopefully Brisset brings that feeling back.  When will Luck return?  :sigh:

1 hour ago, Albaby said:

I just want to get excited seeing the offense march onto the field again.  Don't get me wrong, I like our defense right now (minus the secondary).  I just want that feeling back, when the Colts offense takes the field and I think to my self, " this will be the turning point in the game".  Hopefully Brisset brings that feeling back.  When will Luck return?  :sigh:

i concur

3 hours ago, Albaby said:

Also, the playbook can't be too big, the Colts offense is pretty vanilla during games. They are actually very predictable to watch.  That playbook can't be that long of a read.  

Its 70-100 plays that change every week based on the gameplan typically. But it includes some of the same plays from different formations as well. 

By time you take into account making changes due to pre snap reads and knowing what routes will/wont work vs certain coverages, it takes time to get it all down. Expecting someone to get that much figured out in 2 weeks is near impossible. Chances are we will see a very scaled down playbook. 30-50 different plays/looks (tops) would be more doable but even then he will still have issues, especially with chemistry and timing with his WRs. Its a work in progress and will take time to see results unfortunately. We also have to remember that JB is only in his second yr. Even with a full offseason, expectations usually have to be tempered for a 2nd yr qb with 2 starts to his name. I have high hopes, but low expectations for the next couple games. 

20 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

Yeah. I believe this is the natural thought process. Whether it's NFL, college football, high school football, or my sons youth football. Any sport, for that matter.

We have had bad teams in Indy before, especially in the early years. My son has played on bad teams before too, especially some of his baseball teams. When you know the team is going to struggle (not sold yet this is the case with the 2017 Colts), then it's natural to start looking for positives for next season.  

The draft picks are the obvious players to look at first, and that starts with Hooker, Wilson, and Hairston. They are our future, and it's going to be fun watching them develop.

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

Yeah. I believe this is the natural thought process. Whether it's NFL, college football, high school football, or my sons youth football. Any sport, for that matter.

We have had bad teams in Indy before, especially in the early years. My son has played on bad teams before too, especially some of his baseball teams. When you know the team is going to struggle (not sold yet this is the case with the 2017 Colts), then it's natural to start looking for positives for next season.  

The draft picks are the obvious players to look at first, and that starts with Hooker, Wilson, and Hairston. They are our future, and it's going to be fun watching them develop.

i concur