Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

luck see's the light?

pizzaman67

The one thing that really makes me think this doesn't pass the "smell test", Andrew Luck's character.

I know he is quite an introverted person and is not one for social media (or even smart phones) and so its hard to know the true Andrew Luck but he seems like the perfect team mate who always puts the TEAM ahead of himself (playing hurt, taking the blame for others when he is obviously not at fault, etc) so I just don't see him trying to manoeuvre a move for himself.  He just doesn't seem the selfish type of guy.

As others have posted, if this were to happen, right now seems like the most unlikely of times for this to come up, with a new GM who has a set agenda and seems to be making progress, a defense that is still a work in progress but has increased its pool of young talent and a coach that will likely be out the door com January and I would be surprised if Ballard didn't at least speak with Luck in terms of the replacement.

Finally, Luck has to know that the receiving corps he has here is a good one (specifically Hilton, Moncrieff and Doyle) and would be hard to replicate such talent in any of the teams in the league that would want a QB badly enough to trade away a small fortune.

3 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

The one thing that really makes me think this doesn't pass the "smell test", Andrew Luck's character.

I know he is quite an introverted person and is not one for social media (or even smart phones) and so its hard to know the true Andrew Luck but he seems like the perfect team mate who always puts the TEAM ahead of himself (playing hurt, taking the blame for others when he is obviously not at fault, etc) so I just don't see him trying to manoeuvre a move for himself.  He just doesn't seem the selfish type of guy.

As others have posted, if this were to happen, right now seems like the most unlikely of times for this to come up, with a new GM who has a set agenda and seems to be making progress, a defense that is still a work in progress but has increased its pool of young talent and a coach that will likely be out the door com January and I would be surprised if Ballard didn't at least speak with Luck in terms of the replacement.

Finally, Luck has to know that the receiving corps he has here is a good one (specifically Hilton, Moncrieff and Doyle) and would be hard to replicate such talent in any of the teams in the league that would want a QB badly enough to trade away a small fortune.

yep, i mean, you're looking at needing MULTIPLE 1sts, MULTIPLE 2NDS plus players. 

• Nadine locked this topic