Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF Grades first preseason game

akcolt

Here are PFF's scores: 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-detroit-lions-24-indianapolis-colts-10

Redmond and Banner lead the OL.  Unfortunately the play I remember Redmond for was the flag that brought back Pope's 54 yard screen pass. Banner's pass blocking grade is encouraging. Anyone who saw Pope last preseason in Seattle wouldn't have expected anything less from him. 

McGill Jackson and Basham stood out on D. Hopefully this is the year McGill breaks out. I think Jackson is a starter at ILB by week 1. Basham off to a good start 

Jackson is quickly becoming one of my favorite player.  That dude brings it. V. Davis is the best corner we have had since I have watched the colts (early 90s). We have some good pieces. I am just so frustrated with our lack of coaching!!!!!  With that said......I hope every play is the play the coaching staff finally turns it on....but I have lost faith.

I'm not looking at the numbers too much. None of those guys are in the running to start IMO. There's Wilson but he wasn't mentioned in this article. I care more about development in camp and technique. Wilson still needs to work on his technique with finding the ball in the air.