Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 Season Bold Predictions

Defjamz26

4 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

"Oh ye of little faith".

"Wherefore didst I doubt?" 

Well since about 2013 when we've constantly got our *'s handed to us by the Steelers and patriots. We can only seem to play the Broncos decently. And no other team in the AFC will get the 2 higher seeds.... well  maybe the raiders

-Luck is top 5 in most QB categories

-Moncrief catches 10+ TD's

-Colts defense ends up top 10 in run defense

-Titans win AFC South, Colts get Wild-card

-Pags stops using the word "circumstances"

-Colts call McAfee by mid-season

-Tony Romo leaves the broadcasting booth to join the Broncos

-Peyton loves his statue, calls it "epic"

On 7/29/2017 at 0:00 PM, coltsfeva said:

"Oh ye of little faith".

What reason is there to have faith? The only person to even have that benefit right now is Ballard, and that's more because he hasn't done anything to lose it yet as opposed to do anything to gain it. We can't have faith in our coach, he's just not as smart as guys like Bill Belichick and Mike Tomlin who make the playoffs every year and he's proven he can't out gameplan them. We can't have faith in Chud. He has a horrible playcalling system that only focuses on Hilton and Doyle. It's been proven that if you take out Hilton, you beat us on offense. The only real coach we can trust is Philbin. This team is a mess right now and Andrew Luck may not start the season. Give me a reason to have faith and I'll have faith, it's not something to blindly be thrown around, it's to be earned.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

What reason is there to have faith? The only person to even have that benefit right now is Ballard, and that's more because he hasn't done anything to lose it yet as opposed to do anything to gain it. We can't have faith in our coach, he's just not as smart as guys like Bill Belichick and Mike Tomlin who make the playoffs every year and he's proven he can't out gameplan them. We can't have faith in Chud. He has a horrible playcalling system that only focuses on Hilton and Doyle. It's been proven that if you take out Hilton, you beat us on offense. The only real coach we can trust is Philbin. This team is a mess right now and Andrew Luck may not start the season. Give me a reason to have faith and I'll have faith, it's not something to blindly be thrown around, it's to be earned.

My initial question was in response to those who said the Colts would be demolished by Pittsburgh specifically, should they win the division. I'm assuming this was based on what happened in years past. What people fail to realize is this year's team could be vastly improved, starting with a healthy Luck, an Oline that showed some promise of coming together at the end of the year, a revamped defense and coaches (including a new WRs coach, Chud, Montacino and Pagano) who are humble enough to look at what they need to do differently to make this team better. Of course, success this year will be predicated on staying healthy and how long it will take for things to gel. I'd rather have faith in the possibility of improvement than to have faith (trust) that they will fail. 

1. Superbowl Win

2. Malik Hooker wins rookie defensive player of the year.

3. Frank Gore hits 1300+ yards rushing and 10 TDs. Doesn't re-sign after this season.

4. Dorsett beats out Moncrief for #2 WR spot with 900 yards receiving and 7 TDs.

5. Jaabal Sheard has only 1 sack for the year.

6. Darius Butler has 7 INTs.

7. O'Doyle Rules. Once again :)