Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can Any Team Go 16-0 This Coming Season?

King Colt

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Off topic but for fun, what do you guys/gals consider the biggest upset (or shock) of all-time for all the marbles/for the Championship? Here are the choices:

1. Jets over Colts in the 1968 SB.

2. Giants over Pats in the 2007 SB.

3. Cavs over Warriors(4-3)in the 2016 Finals, being down 3-1 without HCA. They had to win Game 7 on the road.

4. Cubs over Indians(4-3)in the 2016 WS, Cubs had to win Game 6 and 7 on the road to pull that out, not an upset but shock definitely. A team has never won 6 and 7 on the road to win a WS until the Cubs did it.

5. Buster Douglas beating Mike Tyson in Tokyo being a 40-1 underdog. At the time Mike Tyson was invincible at 37-0 33 KO's and Douglas had a Rep of being just another good fighter that was never in shape.

among those ill go with douglas, then the jets.  giants and cavs were under dogs, but they had some pretty good teams still.  dont follow much baseball

How about the 1980 US Olympic hockey team?

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

among those ill go with douglas, then the jets.  giants and cavs were under dogs, but they had some pretty good teams still.  dont follow much baseball

How about the 1980 US Olympic hockey team?

Yeah I was just going Pro sports but the 1980 Olympic Hockey team would be way up there going all sports. So would NC State over Houston in college Basketball (1983). They took down Akeem and Drexler.

I agree with the 1968 and 2007 SBs in that order. I'm not qualified to make a list including everything. There's The Miracle on Ice, The Miracle on Grass, whatever year the basketball team fooled around and lost in the title when that 1 guy turned his back on the inbounds pass, etc. I really have no clue about that other than reading that it happened. 

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Off topic but for fun, what do you guys/gals consider the biggest upset (or shock) of all-time for all the marbles/for the Championship? Here are the choices:

1. Jets over Colts in the 1968 SB.

2. Giants over Pats in the 2007 SB.

3. Cavs over Warriors(4-3)in the 2016 Finals, being down 3-1 without HCA. They had to win Game 7 on the road.

4. Cubs over Indians(4-3)in the 2016 WS, Cubs had to win Game 6 and 7 on the road to pull that out, not an upset but shock definitely. A team has never won 6 and 7 on the road to win a WS until the Cubs did it.

5. Buster Douglas beating Mike Tyson in Tokyo being a 40-1 underdog. At the time Mike Tyson was invincible at 37-0 33 KO's and Douglas had a Rep of being just another good fighter that was never in shape.

No contest. It has to be the Jets win over the very heavily favored Colts. Also, the impact it had on professional football and last how crushing it was to Baltimore's fans. It truly was a shocker. The Colts roster looked like the roster for the Hall of Fame. Just got skunked and that game still leaves a knot in my stomach

I doubt it, it's just a very difficult thing to do.  But I'd say the Pats have the best shot since they are damned good and their division is damned soft.  But they do have some challenging games, namely the Falcons, Raiders, and @ Pitt.  Any of those have the potential to be losses.  I don't think they will but it certainly wouldn't shock me either.

On 6/25/2017 at 3:26 AM, ReMeDy said:

Colts will go 16-0.

New England goes 0-16.

You heard it here, folks.

This is really the only possibility. Colts are the only team that has a chance to 16-0, I think they go 19-0.

Pats are really the only team that can go 0-16. I'd be surprised if they don't go 0-20 (Including pre-season)