Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What level of production do you expect from Jabaal Sheard?

Colt Overseas

On 5/26/2017 at 10:02 AM, Lawrence Owen said:

I get what you're saying.  I just think we got at least an equal, if not better, player in Simon, for about 1/2 the $$.   And being there really was not any 'top end' pass rushers on the open market, i understand why Sheard was payed the way he was.  (doesn't mean i like it though)

I understand we were in NEED of a pass rusher.  WE drafted a potential, and signed 2 in FA.  And i think with the D-line we have now, we should be able to get more pressure on QB's and clog running lanes much better.

Overall, i am very excited over the 'potential' we have on defense.  But i'm not getting too hyped before they even play a snap.

The Guru!
   lmao

On 5/26/2017 at 8:38 AM, MacDee1975 said:

Why do you all care so much what people are getting paid?  Is it coming out of your pockets?

As it stands, I somewhat understand this, but a few things.  One, it is coming out of our pockets.  This operation is almost entirely subsidized by the taxpayers.  Lucas Oil was the last stadium to be almost completely taxpayer funded.  The political climate has changed, and you will likely never see another.  Further, we're the ones buying tickets, DirecTV,  merchandise, etc.  It is our money.

Beyond that, once we, hopefully, start drafting well and have to pay players second contracts, flexibility will matter.  A million here or there will make a difference.

On 5/26/2017 at 9:06 AM, Lawrence Owen said:

Better player and all doesn't mean he is worth 9.5 mil this year.  Even if we do have the cap room.  We paid the higher $$ because we were desperate, and there was no top end rusher in FA.  But you're right, his contract allows us to part ways after this year if he doesn't work out.

Let us see, who was out there that the colts could have brought in with production similar to his less than 9.5 mil.