Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rashaan Melvin

AKB

I like Rashaan's game I really do. He can most definitely improve in pass coverage but a few things I seen was that he didn't get beat deep and he wasn't flagged many times for pass interference either so that right there is a good start in my eyes. He just needs to work on his ball skills and tracking the ball in the air a little bit better but Melvin is right there in my eyes to being a solid #2 cornerback in this league.

In Melvin I Trust and clearly Ballard sees the same thing.

1 hour ago, Grind Hard said:

I like Rashaan's game I really do. He can most definitely improve in pass coverage but a few things I seen was that he didn't get beat deep and he wasn't flagged many times for pass interference either so that right there is a good start in my eyes. He just needs to work on his ball skills and tracking the ball in the air a little bit better but Melvin is right there in my eyes to being a solid #2 cornerback in this league.

In Melvin I Trust and clearly Ballard sees the same thing.

I agree. He has the speed and length to keep up with most receivers. The problem I've noticed is tracking the ball, and going for the breakup at the right time. 

He's no good. He's a 4th corner AT BEST. I'd rather roll with a younger guy with upside like Hairston. Or sign Brock, Flowers, etc. Brock will be a steal if he doesn't get suspended, and even if he does it may just be 4 games. He would allow Wilson to ease in, or just be the nickel corner full time. I want us to sign him bad.

21 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

He's no good. He's a 4th corner AT BEST. I'd rather roll with a younger guy with upside like Hairston. Or sign Brock, Flowers, etc. Brock will be a steal if he doesn't get suspended, and even if he does it may just be 4 games. He would allow Wilson to ease in, or just be the nickel corner full time. I want us to sign him bad.

But.. he has a highlight video..

2 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Point of the thread is clearly to say he is an acceptable depth corner.