Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp Decision A Huge Disappointment

Shepman

Ok, so I attend training camp multiple days every year and I am extremely disappointed with the recent announcements.  I love the opportunity to see the rookies, free agents and core team battle it out. I also enjoy interacting with the players and getting my fair share of autographs.  I was even lucky enough to appear in a video last year which I shared regarding how important camp is to fans especially those that can't afford to go to games.  

I understand that it is a hassle to pack up and go to Anderson or Terre Haute so training here in Indy makes sense.  I do believe they will also lose some of the team building that happens when rooming together.  Why couldn't they just continue the format and allow open practices through the week at West 56th? 

By condensing down to 2 open practices one of which is Sunday and in environments that aren't condusive to player / fan interactions you actually take a step back to what the NFL is promoting.  Fans aren't able to engage as much,  the interactions will be less likely, and the crowds will be rediculious.  

I used to plan time off work to attend and now I don't know if I will even attend this year and my guess is others feel the same.  You know all those fan updates you get on here related progress, kiss them goodbye.  The only positive is maybe, maybe the players will concentrate better and work harder which might produce better results on the field but I doubt it. 

Colts and specifically Marketing/Fan engagement you need to find a much better compromise.

Only positive is when I die, my autograph collection and memorabilia might be worth way more since opportunities will be significantly less.