Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Oc Says Rookie Qb's Gotta Play

oldunclemark

..again..for what its worth,...

New Colts OC Arians sounds ready to move on from Manning

• Associated Press
  • Published: Feb. 2, 2012 at 02:20 a.m.

New Indianapolis offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said Wednesday he hopes Peyton Manning returns to the Colts, though he also said he believes the best way for a rookie quarterback to learn is by playing. He didn't drop hints about the Colts' plans for Manning or what Indy would do with the No. 1 overall draft pick.

Where is Peyton's place?

p_manning_120130_65x90.jpg

If
Peyton Manning
splits from the Colts, he'll have suitors. But one group of fans isn't waiting. They're telling Manning they want him now.

Team owner Jim Irsay has already said the Colts will choose Manning's successor in April. The decision is expected to come down to presumed No. 1 choice Andrew Luck or Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III, either of whom would get playing time if Arians had a say.

"I say let him grow, man, put him out there and let him play," Arians said of how to handle a young quarterback. "They are going to make mistakes. You have to live with it and learn from it to get better."

Arians was the first NFL quarterbacks coach to work with Manning, the No. 1 choice in 1998. He also tutored former No. 1 pick Tim Couch in Cleveland and Ben Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh during the last five seasons.

"It's kind of like deja vu (in Indy). It's scary," he said. "There is a new general manager and a new coach. Hopefully Peyton can come back and get ready to go. But there will be a new quarterback and a new beginning. It's exciting."

Unless I see Arians' actual words, I do not consider this valid as anything more than how one reporter interprets Arians' words.

I need to see quotes.

"I say let him grow, man, put him out there and let him play," Arians said of how to handle a young quarterback. "They are going to make mistakes. You have to live with it and learn from it to get better."

Unless I see Arians' actual words, I do not consider this valid as anything more than how one reporter interprets Arians' words.

I need to see quotes.

HERE THEY ARE & the medias twist

original quote colts web site from few days ago Feb 1st

“It’s like déjà vu like in 1998, starting off with a new general manager, a new head coach and a new quarterback,” said Arians. “It was so exciting to watch that process grow into what it has become. Now, to come back with a new GM and a new head coach, hopefully we have Peyton (Manning) back, I have my fingers crossed but possibly starting with another young one, it’s really exciting.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/ARIANS-READY-FOR-ROUND-TWO/55c6...

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter TWISTED IT TO THIS even used QUOTES

Colts new OC Bruce Arians:

"Hopefully Peyton can come back and get ready to go. But, there will be a new quarterback and a new beginning."

https://twitter.com/...781587823730688

Just found original quote colts web site from few days ago Feb 1st

“It’s like déjà vu like in 1998, starting off with a new general manager, a new head coach and a new quarterback,” said Arians. “It was so exciting to watch that process grow into what it has become. Now, to come back with a new GM and a new head coach, hopefully we have Peyton (Manning) back, I have my fingers crossed but possibly starting with another young one, it’s really exciting.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter TWISTED IT TO THIS

"Hopefully Peyton can come back and get ready to go. But, there will be a new quarterback and a new beginning."

Wow....'Shifty' Schefter isnt too slick about how he feels....

You really cant jack up somebody's quote like that if youre a journalist..

Gets to the point where you cant even trust the quotes...

original quote colts web site from few days ago Feb 1st

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter TWISTED IT TO THIS even used QUOTES

Unbelievable.... I've never witnessed a more clear, systematic agenda carried out by the media (in the sporting world, at least) as what's transpiring right now with Manning. It's to the point where if Manning doesn't return, I would place ESPN (and the like) as the #1 culprits in, for one, dividing the fanbase, but more importantly, for driving a deeper wedge between Irsay and Manning's relationship. It's disgusting that these people have no journalistic integrity, whatsoever.

"Arians was the first NFL quarterbacks coach to work with Manning, the No. 1 choice in 1998.""

I didnt know this, did you?

I wouldn't have been able to come up with it two weeks ago in a trivia contest, but it's been discussed a lot since Arians was first rumoured to be the new OC. He obviously also worked with a young Tim Couch and Ben Rothlesberger - although not as QB coach. Whether those are things that should give you more comfort or not is a matter of some conjecture. The point is, however, that from the moment his name came up, the fact that he was Peyton's QB coach has been taken either as a sign that Peyton will be back (because he was Peytons coach), or a sign that Peyton will be gone (because he has worked with young top QB prospects in the past). Personally I'd say that he's here because he's another Pagano buddy from Clevelend, and the other two arguments are just the icing on the cake. Either way you look at the prior experience, he's a logical (if perhaps unexiting) choice.

The comments you quote are equally ambiguous. Young QBs are better off playing right away (I agree completely), but if you have the best QB in history on your team than he has to play (I agree completely). He is waiting for Peytons health to improve and for Irsay to make up his mind just like the rest of us. I don't think that there are any secret code words here, just a new guy trying to express enthusiasm for everything simultaneously.

I wouldn't have been able to come up with it two weeks ago in a trivia contest, but it's been discussed a lot since Arians was first rumoured to be the new OC. He obviously also worked with a young Tim Couch and Ben Rothlesberger - although not as QB coach. Whether those are things that should give you more comfort or not is a matter of some conjecture. The point is, however, that from the moment his name came up, the fact that he was Peyton's QB coach has been taken either as a sign that Peyton will be back (because he was Peytons coach), or a sign that Peyton will be gone (because he has worked with young top QB prospects in the past). Personally I'd say that he's here because he's another Pagano buddy from Clevelend, and the other two arguments are just the icing on the cake. Either way you look at the prior experience, he's a logical (if perhaps unexiting) choice.

The comments you quote are equally ambiguous. Young QBs are better off playing right away (I agree completely), but if you have the best QB in history on your team than he has to play (I agree completely). He is waiting for Peytons health to improve and for Irsay to make up his mind just like the rest of us. I don't think that there are any secret code words here, just a new guy trying to express enthusiasm for everything simultaneously.

True MAC..

..all the coaches are in the same verbal bag until we decde who the QB is going to be and at what price