Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts meeting with RB Dalvin Cook tonight

19 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

True, but a good ground game is a poor defense's best friend.

A better defense is a poor defense's best friend.  

Eventually the other team is going to have the ball.  

And besides as long as Luck is on the field, the Colts are never going to be a run first team until the 4th quarter.  

Now one of the best things about Cook is how much he's involved with the passing game, so he'd be an excellent complement for Luck.  And that's why I think he'd be a good addition.  But this is an offense where the #1 back is going to be getting around 16 carries a game in general.  (That's the number of carries Gore averaged the last 2 years.)  This isn't an offense where we hand the #1 back the ball 20 to 25 times a game.  (Elliot got the ball 20 times per game last year on average)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think the talent level drops off two much after the second for edge and LB's for us to take a RB in the first. I think you kinda have to look at the third & fourth and ask yourself what positions can I get a quality starter...and to me it's RB & S/FS, maybe even CB but not Edge/ LB. So knowing how bad we need LB's I think you just have to take them in the 1st/2nd.

A side note:

I was watching the combine earlier and they had Cook, Fournette, and James Conner together interviewing them. The lady interviewing mentions Cook's comment in his press conference about being the best back in the draft this year. The smirk that grew on Fournette's face had me rolling. The look said "you keep thinking that...."