Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, hippiejohn said:

Jay Kirk I think the breaks went the Reds way tonight. I think Bader should have let Martinez...I think it was Martinez in right catch that fly ball. But you have to love his aggressive play. Fun to watch.  I  think Rasiel Iglesias was lucky tonight because his command was really lacking. David Hernandez out of the bullpen is just so impressive. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Yes The Cards blew some opportunities , the Reds earned the win. It was interesting at the end. I would not want to play in that ballpark on a regular basis :spit:

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

What happened? Rain? Must be raining everywhere.

Everywhere except Mexico :D

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Cards up 9-5 over the Reds.  

Staying close to the division lead.  

I like the Cards pitching Mikolas was good today , 3 of the runs unearned . They have scored runs . The scary thing for other teams is Carp and Goldy are not hot yet. This will be some offense firing on all cylinders.

4 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I like the Cards pitching Mikolas was good today , 3 of the runs unearned . They have scored runs . The scary thing for other teams is Carp and Goldy are not hot yet. This will be some offense firing on all cylinders.

On paper the Cards have the best team in the division, Cubs are still good and will get it together and the Brewers are legit good now too but the Cards are loaded. As a Cubs fan that is just how I see it.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

On paper the Cards have the best team in the division, Cubs are still good and will get it together and the Brewers are legit good now too but the Cards are loaded. As a Cubs fan that is just how I see it.

I think its a legit outlook , time will tell but the Cards could be the best in the NL before its said and done. Every team in our division can be dangerous.

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

I think its a legit outlook , time will tell but the Cards could be the best in the NL before its said and done. Every team in our division can be dangerous.

Not just because I am talking to you but the Cards may be the best team in the league with the way the Red Sox and Yankees look. It is early though but I love your lineup and your pitching has shown it can be solid in spurts. The way you took care of LA was real impressive.

Not just because I am talking to you but the Cards may be the best team in the league with the way the Red Sox and Yankees look. It is early though but I love your lineup and your pitching has shown it can be solid in spurts. The way you took care of LA was real impressive.

Lets see how they handle The Crew second time , its in Mil. again strange schedule.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Lets see how they handle The Crew second time , its in Mil. again strange schedule.

I think this time it will be different. That is strange but that means the Crew will have to go St Louis for a while after that :thmup:. Man those 2 teams have caught my Cubs quickly. People were talking dynasty in Chicago after 2016, now we are just hoping for a Wildcard. Baseball is like that though from year to year, that is why I have boasted about the Cubs making the playoffs 4 years in a row. It is hard in that sport to be good/great every year.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think this time it will be different. That is strange but that means the Crew will have to go St Louis for a while after that :thmup:. Man those 2 teams have caught my Cubs quickly. People were talking dynasty in Chicago after 2016, now we are just hoping for a Wildcard. Baseball is like that though from year to year, that is why I have boasted about the Cubs making the playoffs 4 years in a row. It is hard in that sport to be good/great every year.

Yes it is , the Cubs will pick it up. The Pirates have been interesting , but will need to prove they can hang.

Yeah i see it is on ESPN.

I was not watching it, as I am still putting finishing touches on my presentation. Most of my PowerPoint went in last week. I was asked to add something else. Lots of legal stuff -- I'm not a lawyer. Lol.

Anyway, goodnight all. :grouphug:

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I was not watching it, as I am still putting finishing touches on my presentation. Most of my PowerPoint went in last week. I was asked to add something else. Lots of legal stuff -- I'm not a lawyer. Lol.

Anyway, goodnight all. :grouphug:

You too ,and thank goodness your not lol.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like the thought of that, but I don't see it.   Their starting rotation still worries me.    Wainwright cannot last the majority of the season.    Fowler has been hitting below .200 for a year and a half.   Defensively, they'll probably be near the bottom of the league again.   

However, the lineup can get hot and put up allot of runs.   

I think the Brew Crew is best in the division.   The Cubs have the talent and when they start playing well, watch out.  

8 hours ago, Myles said:

I like the thought of that, but I don't see it.   Their starting rotation still worries me.    Wainwright cannot last the majority of the season.    Fowler has been hitting below .200 for a year and a half.   Defensively, they'll probably be near the bottom of the league again.   

However, the lineup can get hot and put up allot of runs.   

I think the Brew Crew is best in the division.   The Cubs have the talent and when they start playing well, watch out.  

Maybe you would like to be a Brewers backer ? Lol just kidding . Wainwright I would not count out. Carlos should be back in 2 weeks , just depends where they want him Starting or Bull pen. I think their D is much better than you think , I will stand by that. Why are you so always such a doubter with your team and so on the bandwagon with everyone elses ? Lol they sweep the Dodgers that many think are the best team in the League and do it convincingly . Do you have ulcers ?You worry to much lol . Lighten up and enjoy the season both Baseball and Football. Watch the games and get involved in here everybody likes you , and I'm dealing with much at home so I cant be on as much. Get in here and support our Redbirds ! Guess what I am not much on Fowler if he doesn't pick it up he wont be here much longer.

2 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Maybe you would like to be a Brewers backer ? Lol just kidding . Wainwright I would not count out. Carlos should be back in 2 weeks , just depends where they want him Starting or Bull pen. I think their D is much better than you think , I will stand by that. Why are you so always such a doubter with your team and so on the bandwagon with everyone elses ? Lol they sweep the Dodgers that many think are the best team in the League and do it convincingly . Do you have ulcers ?You worry to much lol . Lighten up and enjoy the season both Baseball and Football. Watch the games and get involved in here everybody likes you , and I'm dealing with much at home so I cant be on as much. Get in here and support our Redbirds ! Guess what I am not much on Fowler if he doesn't pick it up he wont be here much longer.

I don't mean to be a "Debbie downer".   I think of myself as more of a fan being realistic.   I don't tend to jump on the ceiling of what could be.   

Wainwright:   I think he will be a good inning eater, but in a long season, I'm not sure he'll be an asset till the end.   Almost best if he takes a month off during the middle of the season, which could happen if starting caliber pitching  comes up which is probable. 

I'm not sold on the "D" being top half of the league.   Wong has improved and Bader is pretty good.   Carpenter is now a bit of a liability at third.   I'm also afraid of his offensive production going down now that he is playing a more demanding defensive position of 3rd base.   His offense went up considerably after he switched to 1st base.   

I was wrong with my post of Fowler not hitting .200.   He is now at .220.   Not great, but I was wrong.   I still think he is a bit of an X factor.   His defense is pretty good, if he can provide offensive pop, the Cardinals could thrive.   

I think the Cardinals are one of the better teams in the Nat league.   My fear is that  the central is so loaded, that they may finish with a record not indicative of how good they are.    

All that being said, I listen to almost all their games and watch when I can.   

On 4/15/2019 at 11:40 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brewers beat the Cards 10-7. As of now the Brewers are 11-6, Cards 9-7, and Cubs are 6-9. Cubs are only 4 out of 1st place, not bad considering the bad start.

Remember long season , looks like Cards will win this one up 6 - 3 ninth 2 outs . Ozuna and Goldy heating up . Everything will be fine .  Cards win looking forward to Brewers in St Louis n ext week . See if they can return the favor. I believe they will do just that.  

On 4/15/2019 at 5:42 PM, Myles said:

I don't mean to be a "Debbie downer".   I think of myself as more of a fan being realistic.   I don't tend to jump on the ceiling of what could be.   

Wainwright:   I think he will be a good inning eater, but in a long season, I'm not sure he'll be an asset till the end.   Almost best if he takes a month off during the middle of the season, which could happen if starting caliber pitching  comes up which is probable. 

I'm not sold on the "D" being top half of the league.   Wong has improved and Bader is pretty good.   Carpenter is now a bit of a liability at third.   I'm also afraid of his offensive production going down now that he is playing a more demanding defensive position of 3rd base.   His offense went up considerably after he switched to 1st base.   

I was wrong with my post of Fowler not hitting .200.   He is now at .220.   Not great, but I was wrong.   I still think he is a bit of an X factor.   His defense is pretty good, if he can provide offensive pop, the Cardinals could thrive.   

I think the Cardinals are one of the better teams in the Nat league.   My fear is that  the central is so loaded, that they may finish with a record not indicative of how good they are.    

All that being said, I listen to almost all their games and watch when I can.   

Dejong has been great at SS improves more and more . Will be a Superstar at the position.By the way Fowler is at .264 and climbing , lol appears his head has been healed.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win 6-0, sweep the Marlins to improve to 8-9. Now just 3 games out of 1st place behind the Brewers. Cards beat the Brewers today as well. Fly the flag Hozer.

CDC2A98B-0333-4498-BE45-385DF280251C.jpeg.11b8fb3ee4c87df0c968e566b3394c7c.jpeg

GoCubsGo!!!

• NFLfan changed the title to Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic
  • NFLfan locked this topic

Archived