Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

I think I need to celebrate. The Reds actually won tonight. I looked yesterday and they had to third lowest ERA in the NL. Last place. I do think the offense will wake up, but I fear they will be too far back from St Louis and Milwaukeeand probably Chicago. There pitching has been prisitine recently.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, HOZER said:

The Professor gets a win, Oh yeah baby!!!!

IMG_0126.JPG.5cf85f14fd2b14e44eac592044ed1690.JPG

Cubs have now won 4 in a row. The Pitching has been a lot better in this stretch. Now we are back to .500 at 9-9 and only 2.5 games out of 1st place. Cards are just 10-9 and the Brewers are just 12-9. All have 9 losses. Pirates currently lead the Central at 11-6.

Mets are playing the Cards this weekend. Jacob deGrom is on the IL (inactive list); so he will miss his start today. Some guy from Triple A is pitching. :( The Mets did hang on last night to win. I swore the bullpen would give it up in the 8th. With 1 out and a man on third, we managed to get the last 2 outs. I think the Cards got someone on third again in the 9th but we managed to get out of it. Good win against a good team with our 5th starter.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Mets are playing the Cards this weekend. Jacob deGrom is on the IL (inactive list); so he will miss his start today. Some guy from Triple A is pitching. :( The Mets did hang on last night to win. I swore the bullpen would give it up in the 8th. With 1 out and a man on third, we managed to get the last 2 outs. I think the Cards got someone on third again in the 9th but we managed to get out of it. Good win against a good team with our 5th starter.

Sorry about deGrom, hopefully it will not be an injury that will linger.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs have now won 4 in a row. The Pitching has been a lot better in this stretch. Now we are back to .500 at 9-9 and only 2.5 games out of 1st place. Cards are just 10-9 and the Brewers are just 12-9. All have 9 losses. Pirates currently lead the Central at 11-6.

Chatwood gets the start today, :Gaah:

unacceptable conan obrien GIF by Team Coco

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Huh, you are having the same problem she is having. Mine is fine, there are over 20 people here but I do not see any Mods logged in.

Yep it’s only showing me, strange. 

chris farley idk GIF

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

I only see myself as well.

Ok. Thank you. It must be a problem with the website. I thought I was getting that because I was accessing this on mobile, but when I accessed it on my laptop, it was the same. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Are they on a contract that expires with the channels they are on now?

The Cubs are starting their own network and the affiliation with NBCChicago and ABC7 are being terminated 

It will(could) be unavailable on WNDY and WTVW and it is not clear whether it will be carried by DirecTV, Dish, or any major cable companies if they do  for most of Indiana it would be only available RSN packages and Extra Innings

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The Cubs are starting their own network and the affiliation with NBCChicago and ABC7 are being terminated 

It will(could) be unavailable on WNDY and WTVW and it is not clear whether it will be carried by DirecTV, Dish, or any major cable companies if they do  for most of Indiana it would be only available RSN packages and Extra Innings

Thanks I didn't know. I do have U-Verse so I will just have to see how it plays out I guess. I can always follow their games on the Internet too. I have been able to watch all the Cubs games during their great run from 2015-2018 at least.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks I didn't know. I do have U-Verse so I will just have to see how it plays out I guess. I can always follow their games on the Internet too. I have been able to watch all the Cubs games during their great run from 2015-2018 at least.

The Dodgers tried something similar and it did not go well since no one carried them 

5 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

@2006Coltsbestever @HOZER

Enjoy the Cubs games while you can because more than likely they won’t be available next year

Yeah I’ve been following that news for a while. This will be their last season on WGN after such a long history on the channel, it’s too bad.  

I’m a diehard Cubs fan, if I have to pay to have the channel, then I guess I’ll pay....probably actually get to watch more games then I do now on Direct TV anyway!!!

Even though I am a Reds fan I don't like how few Cubs games I can see on Direct TV. I think their broadcasts are the best, both technically and the broadcasters.

Rasiel Iglesias has figured it out. He started off rough but he has struck out the last 9 hitters he has faced in a span of his last three games. I hope he sits tomorrow.

7 hours ago, hippiejohn said:

Even though I am a Reds fan I don't like how few Cubs games I can see on Direct TV. I think their broadcasts are the best, both technically and the broadcasters.

Rasiel Iglesias has figured it out. He started off rough but he has struck out the last 9 hitters he has faced in a span of his last three games. I hope he sits tomorrow.

The way the Cubs are set up causes that

10 hours ago, HOZER said:

Yeah I’ve been following that news for a while. This will be their last season on WGN after such a long history on the channel, it’s too bad.  

I’m a diehard Cubs fan, if I have to pay to have the channel, then I guess I’ll pay....probably actually get to watch more games then I do now on Direct TV anyway!!!

I will stick with NFL Sunday Ticket and XM/Sirius

Extra Innings is $173 a season

you might be able to get access to it or from what I read no one will

If Direct carries it I will probably be able to get it but will not be able to watch games(I think)

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I will stick with NFL Sunday Ticket and XM/Sirius

Extra Innings is $173 a season

you might be able to get access to it or from what I read no one will

If Direct carries it I will probably be able to get it but will not be able to watch games(I think)

$173? Ouch!  The magic number I keep hearing is $6 a month to add the channel, although that could possibly go up once providers throw their fees on there. Sinclair broadcasting, who owns the new “marquee network”, at least that’s the rumor as to what it will be called, also owns a large amount of cable providers throughout the Midwest, pretty much a monopoly, and they will get their way.  Don’t necessarily agree with what’s going on, but it’s the way of the world anymore.

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

$173? Ouch!  The magic number I keep hearing is $6 a month to add the channel, although that could possibly go up once providers throw their fees on there. Sinclair broadcasting, who owns the new “marquee network”, at least that’s the rumor as to what it will be called, also owns a large amount of cable providers throughout the Midwest, pretty much a monopoly, and they will get their way.  Don’t necessarily agree with what’s going on, but it’s the way of the world anymore.

The Extra Innings package for DTV is $173 dollars a season(30 a month)

I have a feeling MLB blackout rules will apply and therefore for the Cubs fans outside of Chicagoland the EI package will be the only way to watch

I will never buy the EI package for myself( I find more joy in NFL ST, RSNs and now WNBA League pass )

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

Chatwood with a good game today, hope he continues in this direction!!! Happy Easter everyone!!!

6CA6C64A-328D-4B5C-987D-E7E4340F11D5.jpeg.cbd6c74eb60f280982443327f9ad4bd1.jpeg

Yeah I am late to the party, way to fly the flag Hozer. Big 2-1 win today over the D-Backs. Brewers and Pirates both loss too. So we are just 2.5 games out of 1st place in the NL Central and 10-10 through 20 games. I will take it for now :thmup:

Well, no Cubs action today, but I did get to coach/watch an awesome game! My sons first game of the season, they played a great game and won 8-1! A double play(my son, so proud of him), grand slam, and many other very impressive plays for a bunch of 8-10 year olds, had a blast! I love baseball!!!

Oh what the heck.....

90-150cm-UV-Resistant-Color-Chicago-Cubs

Archived