Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best Case Scenario Long Term is We Lose Out

UKColt13

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

In this game, the bad passing game is the reason we lost, IMO. The defense actually played a decent game. 

It's just that there's a way to help your struggling offense get into a rhythm, but our offense is almost entirely based on concepts that have a high degree of difficulty and require good blocking. So not only are we asking the passing game to carry the team -- it's clearly the team's biggest strength -- but we're also making it as hard on them as possible. 

We do put an awful lot of pressure on our O-line. Which is strange, because while it may be a little better than it was in the past, it's not really a top shelf line and we just expose them rather than protect them. 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

In this game, the bad passing game is the reason we lost, IMO. The defense actually played a decent game. 

It's just that there's a way to help your struggling offense get into a rhythm, but our offense is almost entirely based on concepts that have a high degree of difficulty and require good blocking. So not only are we asking the passing game to carry the team -- it's clearly the team's biggest strength -- but we're also making it as hard on them as possible. 

With an average defense and respectable running game, you would win this division easily.  That's the thing - we as Colts fans have a hard time imagining  winning games in such a manner...  Outside of a year or two, post 1984, we have no concept of winning football games in this manner, and this won't change without a change in management.  

2 minutes ago, #12. said:

With an average defense and respectable running game, you would win this division easily.  That's the thing - we as Colts fans have a hard time imagining  winning games in such a manner...  Outside of a year or two, post 1984, we have no concept of winning football games in this manner, and this won't change without a change in management.  

For the most part, I agree with you. But today, the defense gave up a bunch of rushing yards and a couple big plays that it shouldn't have, but the end result was decidedly average. And that's with points off of turnovers.

Today's problem was the offense. Three turnovers, a bunch of drops, several protection breakdowns, and a general inability (or lack of desire) to attack the Texans' defense where they were vulnerable. 

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

For the most part, I agree with you. But today, the defense gave up a bunch of rushing yards and a couple big plays that it shouldn't have, but the end result was decidedly average. And that's with points off of turnovers.

Today's problem was the offense. Three turnovers, a bunch of drops, several protection breakdowns, and a general inability (or lack of desire) to attack the Texans' defense where they were vulnerable. 

I agree.  If your offense is the "strength" of your team, and you can only muster 17 points in a "season on the line" divisional game at home, you are in trouble.

All depends on who they get for us. If the guy getting us replacement players is the same guy who thought Werner and TR were good ideas then no thanks.

Interesting times ahead for us. This could go from bad to terrible or vice versa. We'll see.

6 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

There's no need for them to purposely lose out. After that performance they'll go out and play their hardest and probably still lose. It's clear to me now that the Colts have just been beating up on bad teams. Chargers, Bears, Titans twice, Packers, and Jets.

But higher draft picks won't help if Grigson is the one making the picks. I want to see how they play the Raiders and Vikings so I can get a read on the teams issues.

grigs has to be the worst judge of talent in the nfl, he is great at picking first round busts