Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our coaching staff vs. Jacksonville's

DalTXColtsFan

With all the talk about how bad our coaching staff supposedly is, is Jacksonville's even worse?

Look at their roster - other than Luck and Davis is there ONE SINGLE OTHER POSITION where the Colt player is quantifiably better than the Jaguar player?

Jacksonville has losses this year to Tennessee, San Diego and Baltimore. They did play GB tough in the season opener as well as getting thumped by Oakland.  Their only wins are 1-6 Chicago and US.

Even if you downgrade Luck to Bortles and Davis to whoever their #1CB is, don't you think this coaching staff would be at LEAST 5-2 by now if not 6-1 with that roster?

Am I overrating their talent?  Hurns, Robinson, Thomas, Jackson, Puslousny or whoever you spell his name, Akamura, Blackmon, Ivory, Marcedes Lewis, Denard Robinson, Yeldon - I don't know how good the players on their O-Line are I admit, and I don't know how to quantify whether or not their d-line is quantifiably better than ours, but it sure seems like they've got TONS more talent on their roster that their coaches are just wasting.

No they are not worse in my opinion. They already outcoached us this year! That was proven in London. Do see the similarity though when the coach is on hot seat midway through and fires the OC. That being said, let's see what their owner does vs Irsay! Problem almost always start from the top. Always have supported Irsay because I Always felt he loved this team and a bigger fan than most of us, not just an owner. But have to wonder what he was thinking with those extensions.

5 hours ago, coltsfan77 said:

No they are not worse in my opinion. They already outcoached us this year! That was proven in London. Do see the similarity though when the coach is on hot seat midway through and fires the OC. That being said, let's see what their owner does vs Irsay! Problem almost always start from the top. Always have supported Irsay because I Always felt he loved this team and a bigger fan than most of us, not just an owner. But have to wonder what he was thinking with those extensions.

I do like Irsay, but I agree the extensions were a mistake.  Also, completely agree with the post.  The big difference is Jacksonville's owner is putting pressure on their coach. Although, I have a strong feeling that at least Pagano is gone at the end of the year.  

Derek Carr drafted after Bortles, Manziel and Bridgewater, is the cream of that QB crop, hands down.

It was very much like Andy Dalton, drafted after A.J.Green in the first round, Carr drafted after Amari Cooper in that draft.

If the Jags get better, does that mean Bortles' garbage TDs will go down and their running game will improve? I would take that since I am sick of going against Bortles and his garbage TDs in FF :) :thmup:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now