Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The problem with Chudzinski

bap1331

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, GoBlue12 said:

I don't think the reason for opposing teams success on screen passes is any mystery. Poor tackling and below average linebackers.

I am not talking about teams having success against us (though you're probably right with your assessment).

I am saying there are many teams in the league who consistently have a screen pass game thriving for them.  Pittsburgh is an example, regardless of who they play, they always seem to have success with their screen game... sometimes it is moving the ball 5-6 yards and moving the chains, other times it opens up for big plays.

We have the speed at WR to be able to mimick something like that, and perhaps be better, but we seem to always fail when we try.

Just now, Coltfreak said:

To be fair.  This yrs is going to be as good as any of them 

Yeah, the offense has been 'choppy' under both OC's.  I feel like we get a lot of yardage late in games or especially in the second half after being down big quite often.  Some of that is still true, I believe that was especially true under Pep.  There's an old saying to goes "Liars figure and figures lie," so I'm always mindful of statistics and try to also apply what my eyes tell me too.  I agree with you that I think Chuck come hell or high water wants to will himself a running game that just doesn't exist, that may have had a bigger influence on Pep vs Chud but I have no way to know that of course.  Good chat.

14 hours ago, dudeski said:

Not exactly.  We should spread them out more to run.  We run a lot from 2 te sets

Yeah I've seen a lot of that though with limited success.  Just thought when I saw that one play work so well perhaps we should do a little more of that.  But I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time.  Thanks for replying.