Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You're watching but you are not seeing..

..When they take out Thompson...Myles (or Big Al) is vulnerable in pick and roll.

....We cant defend their small lineup...its not a lack of effort

Other teams use centers with that lineup and still stop this team. Myles should only be worrying about sticking to Frye when they play with him at the 5. If the Cavs go small we have to matchup with PG or CJ and guard the pick and roll without switching and giving up wide open shots.

If the centers can't do that than we will never beat this team.

Well after we lose tomorrow we better get our act together over this all star break. Hopefully Thad is back and we will see what we can do before the trade deadline.

Right now I see a first round exit. We can put up 7 in a row against mediocre teams but we don't compete with the Cavs, Celtics, Wizards, or Raptors right now.

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

Well after we lose tomorrow we better get our act together over this all star break. Hopefully Thad is back and we will see what we can do before the trade deadline.

Right now I see a first round exit. We can put up 7 in a row against mediocre teams but we don't compete with the Cavs, Celtics, Wizards, or Raptors right now.

I don't think we can beat any of the teams in a series you just mentioned. We will be a 7 or 8 seed and get bounced IMO.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Other teams use centers with that lineup and still stop this team. Myles should only be worrying about sticking to Frye when they play with him at the 5. If the Cavs go small we have to matchup with PG or CJ and guard the pick and roll without switching and giving up wide open shots.

If the centers can't do that than we will never beat this team.

Which teams stop the Cavs?

Myles cant stick Frye...and Korver can shoot over Monta...we are small at guard

we cant have PG defend Korver because of LeBron.

The addition of Korver makes us a bad match for Cleveland

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think we can beat any of the teams in a series you just mentioned. We will be a 7 or 8 seed and get bounced IMO.

I think we can stick to the 6th seed and maybe 5th because the schedule will not always be this rough, but I agree we go out first round. 

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

The Pacers and Colts have the same issues. Can usually beat bad teams (some exceptions) but can't compete with the big boys.

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

We are the only team that allows Kyle Korver to dominate like this. He gets 1-4 3s against everyone else but in the two games against us he has 8 and 6. That is more than just a matchup problem that is a game plan problem.

4 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

The Pacers and Colts have the same issues. Can usually beat bad teams (some exceptions) but can't compete with the big boys.

This is even more infuriating than the Colts because at least the Colts don't have a good team and everyone is just over optimistic.

The Pacers should have a good enough team to be able to beat the Wizards, Celtics, Raptors etc. and be a top four seed.

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

We are the only team that allows Kyle Korver to dominate like this. He gets 1-4 3s against everyone else but in the two games against us he has 8 and 6. That is more than just a matchup problem that is a game plan problem.

Its foolish to blame the coach...that's a reach..

.....all teams arent the same........Its all matchups..the entire NBA is

....Korver's one of the top shooters in the NBA.....

.....we have to get 'ours'  at the other end and, right now, we aren't doing it.

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

It's just not the Cavs, that is the problem. We do this against a lot of teams where we give up 3's. Teletovic would be a Hall of Hamer if he played us every night. Against other teams he stinks.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's just not the Cavs, that is the problem. We do this against a lot of teams where we give up 3's. Teletovic would be a Hall of Hamer if he played us every night. Against other teams he stinks.

Ease up on Teletovic.............in the Hall of fame because of us.....calm down.

we have weaknesses.......but its not over....

...we do not have young athletic perimter players......Spurs, Washintgon and Cleve beat us..

Its not coaching.....they're better

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I could probably hit 6 threes against the Pacers.

Ok. Just kidding.

Maybe.

For real, I kid I kid.

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Its foolish to blame the coach...that's a reach..

.....all teams arent the same........Its all matchups..the entire NBA is

....Korver's one of the top shooters in the NBA.....

.....we have to get 'ours'  at the other end and, right now, we aren't doing it.

The players are a reflection of the coaching they get. 

4 minutes ago, MTC said:

Hopefully Larry pulls some strings and gets us a starting shooting guard. A player like Courtney Lee or Louis Williams.

WE don't shoot the 3 ourselves consistently..

...you're right..we need help on the perimeter.....there's time to get one.

Cavs and Toronto made moves..we cant stand still

we need anther shooter....or you guys predictions on a quick playoff exit seem strong..

....we only have 3 scorers...PG, Myles and Teague....

CJ, Monta and Stuckey may not be capable of being the offensive players they used to be...and we need more firepower.

.I would give up our No,1 choice....its not going to be a high pick 

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

we need anther shooter....or you guys predictions on a quick playoff exit seem strong..

....we only have 3 scorers...PG, Myles and Teague....

CJ, Monta and Stuckey may not be capable of being the offensive players they used to be...and we need more firepower.

.I would give up our No,1 choice....its not going to be a high pick 

Unless we make a move like getting a Lou Williams for very little or if we can bring in someone like Drummond and not give up anyone named PG, Turner, or Teague than I see an early exit. I see us as the 6th Seed at best and either facing the Celtics, Raptors, or Wizards in Round 1. With the way our Roster is now, we don't have the Scoring or Defense/Rebounding to beat any of those teams in a series. Drummond would bring Defense/Rebounding or Lou would bring scoring from 3 and halfway decent perimeter Defense to guard the 3.

12 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Depends on if the Celtics get Jimmy Butler

This is a very true statement.  As a Bulls fan I want Butler to stay because he's an all star building block.  On the flip side, the Bulls front office is horrid and I think Jimmy deserves better.  If he got traded, I'd like for him to go to Boston or Toronto so they can hopefully bounce the Cavs in the playoffs.  I don't think the Bulls will trade Butler unless the Celtics give them their 2017 first round pick(could be the number 1 pick), 2018 first round pick and 2-3 players with matching salaries. 

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Unless we make a move like getting a Lou Williams for very little or if we can bring in someone like Drummond and not give up anyone named PG, Turner, or Teague than I see an early exit. I see us as the 6th Seed at best and either facing the Celtics, Raptors, or Wizards in Round 1. With the way our Roster is now, we don't have the Scoring or Defense/Rebounding to beat any of those teams in a series. Drummond would bring Defense/Rebounding or Lou would bring scoring from 3 and halfway decent perimeter Defense to guard the 3.

WE can make a deal....apparently...reportedly we are looking