Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Daunting Similarities between The Colts and the Woeful USC Trojans

Freeupfreeney

I'm a lifelong USC Trojan fan, and our fans are extremely frustrated over the past 6 years with the performance of our team and coaches.

Now the Trojans have some of the biggest most talented Offensive and Defensive Lineman on the planet. Our recruiting class took a dip, but has still, up until a year ago, been in the top 5 recruiting classes every year.

So why are the Trojans terrible? Well the Number 1 reason is because the Trojans, just like the Colts, are not having fun playing football. Both teams have a lot of pressure upon them, so much so that any 1 loss depletes all their competiveness throughout the year.

But the more important reason, which is why we are also in the same boat, is that the coaching staff places to much confidence in 1 or more players and will not instill confidence on the entire team as a whole.

"Lame Kiffen" would actually call games were most plays were designed to just get the ball to Robert Woods in whatever ridiculous situation and hope he can make a play. Then if they didn't he would call Either player out personally in press conferences.

And Don't let me get started on the Drunkard that came after him.

In all, our problem, like the Trojans in ineffectual coaching, both in play calling and personal relationships and habits.

Both teams approach a 3rd and 7 with the mentality that, we are not playing good, we are not that talented or we are not doing very well. Lets not risk a pick and have 3 WR run 5 yards routes and hope that they can break free. We run the route, we don't get the first down, and we do the same play, over and over and over, for years on end.

The talent of your personnel and the flow of momentum are not the only things that guide success. Its kind of hard to explain, but it's like driving a Ferrari racing down a straight road, but you don't want to go faster than 50 miles per hour because there is a puddle along the way, but you still want to finish first.

Essentially both teams come out betting that the other team will make a mistake and allow our talent to exploit their mistakes, instead of willfully, taking successes in a smash mouth, go out there and have fun and beat the man in front of you mentality.

For 6 miserable years I watched the no. 1 QB in the country out of high school, with 3 of the top 10 WR our of High School, and the top 20 OL out of high school, throw a screen behind the line of scrimmage on 2nd and long, and a 4 yard in on a 3 and 6......WITH THE GAME ON THE LINE.

I've been watching the Colts for 2 years here in Indianapolis play like the Trojans and I refuse to stay quite. This team is not a bad team, and I hope when everyone gets back, we can stop trying to play timidly and start playing like champions. Stop depending on Luck to be Magic and coach confidence in all players and not just some. It's not too late for us.

Last year we thought since we had all these WR we were just going to toss the ball around and outscore everyone, little did we know that ever corner in the league would go Deon Sanders mode. I understand that, but the coaching this year so far has been bad, and the moral has been terrible. We have to get excited to be out there.

I heard one of your offensive linemen punched your coach, Helton, in the face today.

Then, during the team meeting, Helton said he'd sign the transfer papers to anyone that wanted to leave and 10 players got up and left.

It sounds like I'm making this up, but I'm not.  Crazy situation.  I'm not enjoying the CFB season any more than you are though man; I'm an ND fan. 

10 hours ago, Freeupfreeney said:

I'm a lifelong USC Trojan fan, and our fans are extremely frustrated over the past 6 years with the performance of our team and coaches.

Now the Trojans have some of the biggest most talented Offensive and Defensive Lineman on the planet. Our recruiting class took a dip, but has still, up until a year ago, been in the top 5 recruiting classes every year.

So why are the Trojans terrible? Well the Number 1 reason is because the Trojans, just like the Colts, are not having fun playing football. Both teams have a lot of pressure upon them, so much so that any 1 loss depletes all their competiveness throughout the year.

But the more important reason, which is why we are also in the same boat, is that the coaching staff places to much confidence in 1 or more players and will not instill confidence on the entire team as a whole.

"Lame Kiffen" would actually call games were most plays were designed to just get the ball to Robert Woods in whatever ridiculous situation and hope he can make a play. Then if they didn't he would call Either player out personally in press conferences.

And Don't let me get started on the Drunkard that came after him.

In all, our problem, like the Trojans in ineffectual coaching, both in play calling and personal relationships and habits.

Both teams approach a 3rd and 7 with the mentality that, we are not playing good, we are not that talented or we are not doing very well. Lets not risk a pick and have 3 WR run 5 yards routes and hope that they can break free. We run the route, we don't get the first down, and we do the same play, over and over and over, for years on end.

The talent of your personnel and the flow of momentum are not the only things that guide success. Its kind of hard to explain, but it's like driving a Ferrari racing down a straight road, but you don't want to go faster than 50 miles per hour because there is a puddle along the way, but you still want to finish first.

Essentially both teams come out betting that the other team will make a mistake and allow our talent to exploit their mistakes, instead of willfully, taking successes in a smash mouth, go out there and have fun and beat the man in front of you mentality.

For 6 miserable years I watched the no. 1 QB in the country out of high school, with 3 of the top 10 WR our of High School, and the top 20 OL out of high school, throw a screen behind the line of scrimmage on 2nd and long, and a 4 yard in on a 3 and 6......WITH THE GAME ON THE LINE.

I've been watching the Colts for 2 years here in Indianapolis play like the Trojans and I refuse to stay quite. This team is not a bad team, and I hope when everyone gets back, we can stop trying to play timidly and start playing like champions. Stop depending on Luck to be Magic and coach confidence in all players and not just some. It's not too late for us.

Last year we thought since we had all these WR we were just going to toss the ball around and outscore everyone, little did we know that ever corner in the league would go Deon Sanders mode. I understand that, but the coaching this year so far has been bad, and the moral has been terrible. We have to get excited to be out there.

Maybe someone should take a poke at the coach .

That punch turned out to be a rumor Lol. 

And I think you can compare any team dynamic yo any other team, at any other level in any other sport. How well did your high school football team do. How much of of it had to do with talent, coaching, comrodary. How would your team differ if you struggled with any of those.

The only real differerence is the money. But I think out coaching and disparities between our gm, our generally a accepted needs and expectation are not in line, which causes things what we and the Trojans are going through.

Luckily for us, we still got plenty if Tims to fix it. 

2 hours ago, Freeupfreeney said:

That punch turned out to be a rumor Lol. 

And I think you can compare any team dynamic yo any other team, at any other level in any other sport. How well did your high school football team do. How much of of it had to do with talent, coaching, comrodary. How would your team differ if you struggled with any of those.

The only real differerence is the money. But I think out coaching and disparities between our gm, our generally a accepted needs and expectation are not in line, which causes things what we and the Trojans are going through.

Luckily for us, we still got plenty if Tims to fix it. 

The only difference is the money? So I guess motivating kids is the same as adults?

I just don't see it.

Im just saying we need to have more motivation and more fun. And every time in see a press conference, or a locker roomn speech, it looks more like a day in the office. 

I know injuries and other things have plagued us, but I think confidence and motivation  is our biggest problem next to injuries right now. 

Colts and trojans are 2 teams that are playing way worse than what there talent suggest.